Highlighted
Cadet
Cadet

Red Hat Remote Exams: Copy and paste plus change remote screen size

Question regarding Remote Exam :

I already took the remote exam, and the exam instructions were given in the firefox browser.

Sometimes it’s very useful to cut and paste  text from browser to terminal. But impossible to do so. 

Also, even though the physical monitor is big, the Remote Exam (VNC screen) is half of the monitor, and fonts are small, whic makes eyes so tired after an hour.

Q1) Does someone know how to copy and paste text from browser?

Q2) Does someone know how to change the screen resolution (increase the screen size of VNC screen) during the remote exam?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Red Hat Remote Exams: Copy and paste plus change remote screen size

Hello nabhaya

I have passed today my ex-318 and I can show how to copy and paste from browser to terminal or terminal to another terminal.

Browser to Terminal --> Into you browser selected text just copy (CTL+C) or right clic --> Copy to paste that copied text into Terminal --> just press Control+Shift+V.

Terminal to Terminal:

- Copy: Control+Shift+C

- Paste Control+Shift+V

Sorry, but I can´t help with your second question Smiley Sad

I hope it helps.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Red Hat Remote Exams: Copy and paste plus change remote screen size

Hi Jblanco,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation. ok, Then this may be because I use a Macbook pro (2015) - Because I can confirm I've done the Ctrl+C after selecting the text in the browser - But It does not paste in to terminal. From Terminal to Terminal, It works.

Also with my macbook, the Built in Camera is not detected by Remote Exam Image.

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.