Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iyyappan
Cadet
Cadet

Ansible Certification

Hi, Good Day!

I'm planning to take up EX407 Certification and I have been working on Ansible for the last 18 months. I tried to register for the exam, but it took me to the RedHat Team in India. I wrote a mail for registration, but they have requested me to take DO407 Training then only I can write EX407 certification. 

I just wanted to know, Is DO407 training mandatory to attempt EX407 certification? Can we not directly go for the certification w/o training. 

Also, the RedHat certification site did not mention about training is mandatory. 

Please help

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Iyyappan - thank you for your question and welcome to our learning community.

@Greg_Kable @Henry_Maine @Lene can you confirm or deny if DO407 training is mandatory to complete before attempting the EX407 exam?

Thanks!

--
Deanna
0 Kudos
Lene
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

In India they require people to take training to take the exam. You can buy the exam only, but I believe it cost more than the training+exam. Outside of India, you do not need to take any training.

India has a different training model than the rest of the world, which is why they have this requirement.

Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the insight @Lene.

@Iyyappan good luck with your training and certification exam!

--
Deanna
0 Kudos

hi @Deanna and @Lene, why is the DO407 is in the requirement.

in france I could just take my exam and having my certification without having any redhat certification ?

Prerequisites for this exam

0 Kudos
Lene
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

There is NO requirement for the exam. India has a different model for many reasons, but there is no mandatory course for exams.

0 Kudos

But I am asking about the exam and the certification not for the training. Due to covid19, could I take the exam from home?
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.