Did you mean: 
Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Ansible is ________

Ansible is - an open source automationi platform

Ansible is - a simple automation language

Ansible is - an automation engine

What else is Ansible?  Not what can it do!  Not what is it used for!

Ansible is -  _________________

Trevor "Red Hat Evangelist" Chandler
Labels (2)
2 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

@Trevor Ansible is a Harry Potter's "Magic Wand" in IT world.

Ansible is like a "Swiss Knife".

Anisble is a "Configuration management tool".

Ansible is Aladdin"s "Genie" 

Chetan_Tiwary__1-1697449219248.png

0 Kudos
bonnevil
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Grabbing some of the "Ansible is" statements from https://www.ansible.com/overview/it-automation:

"Ansible is a simple, yet powerful IT automation engine used to drive complexity out of IT environments and accelerate DevOps initiatives."

"Ansible is the most popular open source automation tool on GitHub today with more than a quarter million downloads per month."

"Ansible is automation designed with everyone in mind."

"Ansible is a simple automation language that can perfectly describe an IT application infrastructure. It’s easy-to-learn, self-documenting, and doesn’t require a grad-level computer science degree to read."

Ansible is:

1. "Simple: Human readable automation; No special coding skills needed; Tasks executed in order; Get productive quickly"
  2. "Powerful: App deployment; Configuration management; Workflow orchestration; Orchestrate the app lifecycle"
  3. "Agentless: Agentless architecture; Uses OpenSSH and WinRM; No agents to exploit or update; Predictable, reliable and secure"

"Ansible is an open source community project sponsored by Red Hat, it's the simplest way to automate IT."

"Ansible is the only automation language that can be used across entire IT teams from systems and network administrators to developers and managers."

I could come up with a bunch of my own, but I think that knowing that Ansible is not just about Linux automation, but can be used to automate network and Windows administration, and operations in the cloud and in containerized OpenShift environments, is really important.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.