Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susan
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

AnsibleFest Austin 2018

Cannot get enough Ansible?

Want to hear from companies using Ansible talk about how they use Ansible?

Looking for a front row seat for announcements of the next best thing from the Ansible Team?

Check out AnsibleFest!

The next AnsibleFest is in Austin, TX  Oct 2-3, 2018. Registration is now open and the schedule is posted at: https://www.ansible.com/ansiblefest

In past years, they have offered recordings of some sessions and lots of blog posts the week of and shortly after so if your are like me and cannot make it this year, watch for all sorts of new tips and tricks in October! Or get an early start and view some of the 2017 videos

Tags (2)
11 Replies
robyn
Cadet
Cadet

@Susan! Promise me we will figure out how to get you to AnsibleFest next time. After all: You were the first person to pass the class :D (Unless you're somehow free and not teaching a class that week, in which case: we should figure out how to get you there THIS time. :D)

upload_7761342923974707215.gif

Susan
Flight Engineer

@robynI would love to make it to one! Schedules and budgets seem to keep getting in the way :(

I am already teaching that week so maybe next time! This year will have to be another instance of reading the blog posts and viewing some of the recordings.

DavidH
Flight Engineer

I saw this event and would love to go, I'm sure I'd learn so much! I've been learning Ansible over the last few months and love it. Unfortunately my schedule just isn't going to allow it this year, hopefully next time!

Susan
Flight Engineer

So now that the time is here....

Anyone attending? Any comments on really good presentations that I should look when the recordings become available?

Help ,me prioritize my queue!

ricardodacosta

@ArturG is there :) Maybe he can provide us with updates 

ArturG

I'm still in Austin doing a ToT today. I'll post a list of interesting presentations, once I'm home.

itnet7
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I am really looking forward to going next year, and will be following this conversation in case anyone shares some good links and/or information from this years event!

Sanjoy
Cadet
Cadet

I am really looking forward to going next year, and will be following this conversation in case anyone shares some good links and/or information from this years event!

bonnevil
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

I'm still picking up the pieces from travel, but the quick bottom line was that it was a fantastic event. 

Just some highlights: Jeff Geerling (aka geerlingguy) gave a great presentation titled "Make Your Ansible Playbooks Flexible, Maintainable, and Stable"; the first was standing-room-only so they did a repeat later in the week.  Too many good nuggets there to go into quickly.  He also got a fair amount of teasing about just how many roles he's written on Galaxy.  :)  Many great talks on network automation (like switches and routers), and a sizable percentage of the folks there were interested primarily in that track.  Orcun Atakan (Red Hat) delivered an interesting Windows Automation talk where he illustrated that you could both use Ansible-native Windows modules (that talk PowerShell) or use the win_dsc module to do the same things through DSC, and provided some advice when to do either.  There was a fascinating talk on the roadmap for Ansible Galaxy and some of the improvements they have planned.  I also attended a talk on RHEL System Roles (rhel-system-roles aka linux-system-roles) and the state of development there.  Those are just some highlights, I still have to write up my trip report.... :)  There were probably a dozen other talks I would have liked to attend. 

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.