JOKER
Cadet
Cadet

General questions on RHCE EX294 Exam

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am planning to take my RHCE exam in a month. While preparing, I have few questions regarding the exam:

1. Do we have install the required collections/roles in the exam needed for the playbook or does the server have everythiing pre-installed.
  2. I am going through Sander van Vugt's RHCE course and he mentioned that the exam evaluation is done by taking my playbooks and running it against a freshly installed server. Is the evaluation done by installing all the collections/roles and then executed?
  3. I am currently install collections/roles through ansible-galaxy. Do we have this available in exam environment too? If we do need to install, what is the source we can use?
  4. If we use custom directories for the roles/collections and for different tasks, are they taken in to account? Because from my learning experience, roles installed in one directory are not executed from different directory when set the roles_path through ansible.cfg.

Generally speakling, can I configure my inventory/roles/collections to be everything in central location such as /etc/ansible to avoid confusion and make it easier? Is there any recommended way of installing roles/collections or anything settingup related to ansible?

Thank you for your help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chetan_Tiwary_
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @JOKER !

There is no way of answering these exam related queries without violating the NDA that we all signed while taking the Red Hat exams. 

All I can tell you is that you will get detailed exam instructions and question statement - please read those and follow the same for your answer. Donot worry too much about exam platform - all that is required for you to configure the tasks will be provided - you need to gather the information from the instructions. 

Exam grading is done on your machines and your configurations - a similar ( not exactly same ) glimpse of that you must have seen in our course labs grading. 

No third party authority over grading other than Red Hat in Red Hat exams - I cannot comment on your third party analysis of our exam grading. Obviously, exam grading details are beyond discussion. 

You can use any standard methodology/tool available in the exam environment to do your tasks, but grading marks % will be alloted accordingly if it meets the exam task objective.We recommend Red Hat training courses and its hand on labs to learn and practice for the exams. 

In any case you can always reach out to exam support for any help / guidance / official response in these matters : https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @JOKER !

There is no way of answering these exam related queries without violating the NDA that we all signed while taking the Red Hat exams. 

All I can tell you is that you will get detailed exam instructions and question statement - please read those and follow the same for your answer. Donot worry too much about exam platform - all that is required for you to configure the tasks will be provided - you need to gather the information from the instructions. 

Exam grading is done on your machines and your configurations - a similar ( not exactly same ) glimpse of that you must have seen in our course labs grading. 

No third party authority over grading other than Red Hat in Red Hat exams - I cannot comment on your third party analysis of our exam grading. Obviously, exam grading details are beyond discussion. 

You can use any standard methodology/tool available in the exam environment to do your tasks, but grading marks % will be alloted accordingly if it meets the exam task objective.We recommend Red Hat training courses and its hand on labs to learn and practice for the exams. 

In any case you can always reach out to exam support for any help / guidance / official response in these matters : https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments 

0 Kudos
JOKER
Cadet
Cadet

Hello @Chetan_Tiwary_ ,

Thank you for your response and clarifying on the NDA part. That was not my intention.

I will checkout RedHat training and labs before going to the exam. This gave me some confidence.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.