cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Needed/Required components for Ansible Automation Platform

If I deploy Ansible Automation Controller, with no other automation platform components (i.e. Ansible automation hub, Private automation hub, High-availability automation hub, Event-driven ansible controller, Automation execution environments, Ansible Galaxy, Automation content navigator), will that deployment essentially represent an installation of Ansible Automation Platform????    NoteI'm not asking if this would be practical!!!

I would offer my reason for posing this query, but I don't want to influence any response(s)
in any particular direction(s).

Oh, and yes, there is a internal database included in the deployment of automation 
controller - just to keep things simple.

Okay, what say you?

Trevor "Red Hat Evangelist" Chandler
Labels (2)
6 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

@Trevor AFAIK - Yes it represents an installation of Ansible Automation Platform.

Chetan_Tiwary__0-1697059561418.png

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_ansible_automation_platform/2.4/html/red_hat_a... 

Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Awesome!

Thank you Chetan.

Fran_Garcia
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

while I concur with the answer already provided... now you are leaving us wondering about the background of your original question : - D

(btw, how can you run any playbook without EEs? the installer injects the default ones, so it's really not possible to have AAP without EEs, IIUC.

Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Fran -

How can you run any playbook without EEs?  Your question makes PERFECT
sense.  However, when I read something that essentially states that other platform
components "can be" added, that causes me to pull the trigger on my ever-ready
question mark, and ask, "Is the statement suggestion/implying that automation
controller is sufficient ALONE for a fully functioning Ansible Automation Platform
deployment:"

Well, I'm only in the 3rd grade with this animal right now.  That combined with my
tendency to read below the surface with everything, will explain the nature of some
of my queries.  

Again Fran, your question makes perfect sense.  I actually read something that
indicated that installing automation controller and private automation hub was 
sufficient for a bare bones AAP - and that all the other components were optional.

Bare with me while I work my way to 12th grade - and even then, I'll still have
the collegiate-level content to deal with

Thanks Fran.

bonnevil
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

As far as I read it, you could have the automation controller component installed on-site, and depend on the public automation hub that Red Hat hosts for pulling your automation execution environments instead of using a local automation hub, and that's still a (very small and simple) AAP installation.

As long as the Ansible content in whatever Git repo that automation controller is pulling from works in the EE, you technically wouldn't have to develop it with automation content navigator, it's just a lot easier to develop the code and test it that way.

bonnevil
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Likewise, if you're not using automation controller, I could see you using just automation content navigator to run your code and a private automation hub to provide EEs and Ansible Content Collections and you'd still be using AAP.  It just wouldn't be the best plan or architecture to do that efficiently or scalably.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.