Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ad_astra
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

RHCE EX294V9K Objectives - Ansible Navigator and Inventories

Jump to solution

Hello

I am due to sit the EX294V9K exam in a few weeks time and wondered if anyone could clarify the following objective for exam:

Run playbooks with Automation content navigator

• Use Automation content navigator to create inventories and configure the Ansible environment

I've read through the course notes but could not work out where Ansible Navigator is used to directly create inventories.

All my experience has been based on manually editing the 'inventory' file (as text) and populating the file with hostnames and groups. The inventory file is then specified in the ansible.cfg file in the relevant project/playbook directory.

I am aware that I can use ansible-navigator to view the details of my existing inventory; using ansible-navigator inventory or ansible-navigator inventory -m stdout --list. However, at no point have I used the ansible-navigator command or interface (TUI) to create or edit an inventory file.

Is it possible to create or edit an ansible inventory using ansible-navigator? 

Have I missed something or just misunderstood the wording of the objective? 

Many thanks 

Labels (1)
10 Replies
morbius
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

It is possible to have inventory created automatically, using inventory plugins for instance, but that was not a part of RHCE exam when I passed it a month ago, you would create the exam inventory by hand. I don't know if this is simply poorly worded in the exam objectives or some new change was suddenly introduced.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.