cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruttrowg
Cadet
Cadet

Red Hat Ansible (DO417) course labs will not build

I had to delete the lab environment because it was not working right, I went to recreate and get this instead of a new lab environment:

Provisioned Lab Details
Classroom Identifier  kwpjrjkedgmqqnnnnnqgnovdeqyvejzl
State                               failed
Classroom Status        Unavailable

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Ashish_Lingayat

Hi @ruttrowg,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please try to refresh the window and access the portal in Incognito mode (private window).

If the issue is still present I would suggest opening a support ticket for this issue. Please log in to access.redhat.com and choose the product as "Red Hat Online Learning" to raise a ticket.

The support will be able to assist you better in this regards,

Happy learning!

Regards,

Ashish

0 Kudos
smithmj43
Cadet
Cadet

I had the same issue with trying to build the lab for do417vc-2.8. It looks like it finishes building it but no computers show up at all.

Classroom Identifier:  dnqqnolqgnzwxljxeepgyvzzjexnkddre
 Workstation hostname:  workstation.dnqqnolqgnzwxljxeepgyvzzjexnkddre.do417.rht-na.nextcle.com

State: running
Classroom Status:  Classroom ready
0 Kudos
antmaro
Cadet
Cadet

Hello @smithmj43 ,

Apologies for the delayed response. 
I tried to build a new lab and it worked

antmaro_0-1679571788034.png

Take into account that to access the lab you need to use an RDP client (such as Remmina for Fedor/RHEL) and provide the information you paste in the chat.

Also, take into account that the lab could take a lot of time to be ready.

Let us know if you finally get access to the environment.

Kind regards.

Toni

0 Kudos
smithmj43
Cadet
Cadet

Ok, it took an hour to get to where it showed this (doesn't list any instances yet). I'll keep it running and see if any instances show up

smithmj43_0-1679581791024.png

0 Kudos
antmaro
Cadet
Cadet

Hi again @smithmj43 ,

I am asking internally because, to me, and reading the classroom environment, we should see the list of VMs, but let me ask to double-check.

Meanwhile, you should be able to access the workstation VM, to move forward by using the following information from the Lab Environment tab:

- Workstation Hostname 
- Workstation Password

This is the information from my environment:

antmaro_0-1679592426683.png

And this is the screenshot of the Remmina configuration:

antmaro_1-1679592555052.png

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
smithmj43
Cadet
Cadet

I tried on my home laptop and I was able to RDP into the workstation listed. The list of VMs still never showed up for me. i've left it running all day. Makes it difficult not knowing whats in the lab environment. I was never able to RDP to it on my work laptop.

0 Kudos
antmaro
Cadet
Cadet

Hello @smithmj43 ,

The platform team confirmed that this course doesn't show the list of VMs. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We will modify the classroom environment guide because we are speaking about restarting/shutting the VMs, which could create confusion for the students.

This is a particular course that does not use control VMs. We only provide access to the VMs through an RDP connection.

0 Kudos
smithmj43
Cadet
Cadet

Thank you for your help with this. I greatly appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.