cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ex407 extremely dificult?

I did the DO407 course, and i am very confortable using ansible every day , but i find daunting the ex407 , researching about the exam i found that anybody says that is long, and complicated, and very little people aproves at first , the common are two or more times. Even search for "practice exams" to know what to expect. And nothing from redhat, the only i found "realish" is https://www.lisenet.com/2019/ansible-sample-exam-for-ex407/ . And checking it , i found that i not well prepared for the ex407 doing the do407. Also all that must be made in "the red hat  way" that make also more complicated. This will be my first red hat exam , and am shure i will lost the 400$ . Anyone who succesfully passed that exam has some clue or hint?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

I was Worried about my redhat EX407 exam preparation. But one of my close friend suggested me latest redhat EX407 practice exam for preparation. I easily prepared my exam with this practice exam and I got success with best results. Its not too much expensive.

0 Kudos
ricardodacosta

I took this exam a few years ago and passed it the first time. Admittedly I ran out of time because I couldn’t get the last question done but I passed very well.

I had not taken any training but I did have Ansible experience and that is what counts. The training course allows you to obtain said experience in a format where the labs work if you follow them, then you can use those as examples to expand your knowledge and experience. What would be the point of the exam testing you using the same examples in the course?

Obtaining a Red Hat certification is a promise to your employer or anyone who wants to hire you that you have real practical skills. If you didn’t have those skills, why should Red Hat give you a pass?

0 Kudos

ok, what happens if you do the training "because" you don't have all that
"almighty" experience?

i think the only way is , fight (and spend) until get the
certification.(the redhat way)
0 Kudos
Lisenet
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

If you do the training a couple of times, practise day and night and cover all exam objectives during your studies until you become fluent, then there is not reason why you should not pass it. You need to know Ansible well, and you need to type fast. There is a lot of ground to cover, and consulting ansible docs on every task is not going to cut it :)

My advice? Stop reading on what other people have to say about the exam, and put that time into studying. Everyone has different work experience, skills and general aptitude to acquire knowledge. For some the exam is difficult, for some it's easy, it's all relative, and at the end of the day it does not really matter. You can do this.

0 Kudos
ricardodacosta

I paid for my RHCA out of pocket so I know what it costs, and takes to get there. I few across continents to take my training and exams and was well aware of the costs of failure.

Here is what I did:

Monday after class: I stayed behind and re-did all the exercises for that day.

Tuesday morning: Before class I did all the exercises for Monday without necessarily following the step by step instructions.

Tuesday after class: I stayed behind and re-did all the exercises for Monday and Tuesday.

Wednesday morning: Before class I did all the exercises for Monday and Tuesday without necessarily following the step by step instructions

Thursday: Do the comprehensive review as one of the last resources for preparation. And get a good night's sleep. 

Where I took my training was often a 6 to 8 hour timezone difference so I had those challenges to deal with.

I understand the challenges and frustrations with passing exams. And I'm happy to share whatever else I can to enable your success.

Melisa
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

I just failed this exam yesterday, my advice is that lisenet link is very usefull, perhaps I failed because i never execute it entirely (like try to do all the questions in lees that 4 hours), first of all you need to be able to respond every question without troubleshoot every step, if you are not capable of this, you will lose a lot of time, I failed because i forgot how to condition some taks (like how the " ' and {} and in wich order you need to use it in the conditional)

My advice is execute the questions of said link over and over until you are able to build every playbook with minor mistakes, go deep into jinja templates (for, if-else and the use of them in conditionals), you will use that a lot, practice how to call variables, which type of them they are, how to parse them and last but not least special variables and facts are also key; practice for the rhel-roles and galaxy roles, be aware that without internet connection you will not call the modules from ansible galaxy or github.

If you practice with the lisenet example you will do fine, I failed with 167 points so is not pretty bad, ansible-docs are available to review some modules, so dont waste memory learning every single possible part of a module.

Hope I helped you!

0 Kudos
Lisenet
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Sorry to hear you failed the exam. Better luck next time.

I've put the sample exam together for candidates to test their skills. You should not sit the real exam unless you can solve the sample exam in less than 4 hours. You will simply waste time and money.

Melisa
Cadet
Cadet

Yes! I know that, I got a lot of pressure for my employer to pass this test and got limited time to practice, I will go for the retake for sure, since I already know in which part I had issues.

As I said before the sample exam is all you need to practice for pass.
0 Kudos
Lisenet
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Well, now you know what's on the exam, so that should allow you to prepare and smash it the next time! All the best!

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.