cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Franco
Cadet
Cadet

CL310 - Open Stack Networking & Foundation - Lab Issues

Today I am facing an issue on starting the overcloud from director machine in CL310 lab environment. 
When 'server start' command executed on each machine, they did not started at all. The states were 'SHUTDOWN' for the overcloud servers. 

Even reboot applied on them, nothing happen. Can any body let me know whether anyone facing/faced same issue in CL310 lab environment ? What were your remedies ? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rodolfo
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi, where are you doing the course? I mean are you doing it in Online environment like ROLE or RHLS? Or are you in a class with an instructor?

Thank you

RODOLFO

Rodolfo
Red Hat Instructor
0 Kudos
Rodolfo
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Basically, in the standard and opendaylight classroom environments, you will have to execute:

In ILT:

From Foundation system:

[kiosk@foundationX ~]$ rht-vmctl start all

Then from workstation:

[student@workstation ~]$ lab overcloud start

In Online Environment:

As your classroom is just provisioned, or just when you click start lab, some virtual machines will be started. Then you login into workstation and:

[student@workstation ~]$ lab overcloud start

In the DPDK classroom, all systems will be started as this is a packstack installation, with no director involved.

Please tell me if this works for you

Thank you

RODOLFO

Rodolfo
Red Hat Instructor
0 Kudos
ricardodacosta

Have a look at Page XIV of the CL310 Training material. The scenario, and solution is explained there.

Good luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're satisfied with the solutions provided please mark the solution as ACCEPTED.

Don't forget to thank those who helped you out with kudos!

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.