cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Does EX310 still extend the validity of an old EX210 (OSP 6) ?

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have been RHCE in RH OpenStack for almost 3 years. I took both exams EX210 and EX310 on OSP 6. I now need to consider renewing those certifications.

When I took EX310 at the time, it automatically extended my EX210 for 3 more years.

Is the current EX310 exam based on OSP10 still able to extend my old EX210, even though I took it on OSP 6 ?

I figured out that for EX200/EX300 exams, the latter extends the former until the public availability of RHEL major version n+2.

Does the same principle applies to EX210/EX310, with OSP long life releases (6, 10, 13) instead of RHEL major versions ? Just speculating here. I hope not.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hi,

I passed EX310 earlier this week and I can finally answer my question myself.

Yes, EX310 (OSP10-based) has extended my old EX210 (OSP6-based) certificate of expertise for 3 more years, as @aandrade suggested it would :)

Incidentally, it has also extended my RHEL6-based EX200 and EX300 for the same period, proving me wrong about the RHEL major version's role in the extension's policy.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
aandrade
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hey,

I think that yes, If you take the EX310 and pass it, and at that time your EX210 is still valid, the EX310 would extend your EX210 validity.

But, for being 100% sure about this, I recommend you to make this question here:

https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/certification/comments/

And please share to us the final word on this topic.

Thanks

0 Kudos
littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hi @aandrade and thanks for your reply :)

Do you mean EX210 ?

Anyway, I'll figure out. I'm taking EX310V10 early November. I'll post the outcome here if I pass it :)

0 Kudos
aandrade
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Yeah, I mean EX210, I have corrected the post.

0 Kudos
littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hi,

I passed EX310 earlier this week and I can finally answer my question myself.

Yes, EX310 (OSP10-based) has extended my old EX210 (OSP6-based) certificate of expertise for 3 more years, as @aandrade suggested it would :)

Incidentally, it has also extended my RHEL6-based EX200 and EX300 for the same period, proving me wrong about the RHEL major version's role in the extension's policy.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.