cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sapaul
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 Key Highlights

Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 is already out and here are are 3 fascinating facts about it.

- Services are now fully containerized for better scalability.

- Supports to provision controller nodes as Virtual Machines in a Red Hat Virtualization environment.

- Full support of Octavia project for load balancing of network packets.

Any thoughts, please?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies
Jayadev
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Another great feature is the director integradtion for Instance HA. Very intresting documentation is available here.

0 Kudos
AN
Cadet
Cadet

@Jayadev: I think the guide you shared does not mention anything about evacuation of instances that have SRIOV/PCI-passthough nics attached to it. Worth noting in the guide whether instance-HA will support evacuation of macvtap based VF's attached to instances as mentioned in : https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/juno/implemented/pci-passthrough-sriov.html. Whether it is tested?

0 Kudos
AN
Cadet
Cadet

@sapaul:

- When can we expect the OSP certification being updated on OSP-13?

- How are containerized services orchestrated? some puppet module for docker on director? Does kubernetes come into picture here? How's the HAProxy behavour different from the systemd/pcs based services as compared to load-balancing the containerized services?

- So now does rabbitmq talk to 2 different containers for RPC communications?

0 Kudos
pup_seba
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

It is my understanding that "controllers" can not be escalated, let's say from 3 to 5 controllers, once the installation is done (but i'm not really familiar with OpenStack yet). To do so, one must migrate to a new infrastructure with 5 controllers in it. Is this right? In case it is, is it different now that all services are containerized "for better scalability"?

How this inception game will end? :) Could we have an OpenStack inside an Openshift? 

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.