Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaiser
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Experience with the New Remote exam ISO

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have recently completed 4 exams remotely and here is my experice.

- Has detected my graphics card successfully. Exam was loaded with my 4K resolution. But when exam started the resolution was 1080 only. I requested proctor to change the resolution. After approval, rebooted the exam iso , started from scratch . This time I had to zoom the screen 200% from the display option while keeping them 4K resolution. Excellent.

- I have 1.5 GB internet speed so I did not face any slowness at all.

- Sucessfully detected my external Gigabyte Aorus WIFI adapter and bluetooth keyboard. However wireless keyboard was not allowed by proctor.

- As I have a faster system with 64 Gb memory , the iso loaded withing 2 mins.

I believe the compatibility issues should be gone for many people now.
Best of luck

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaiser
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

@Riyad , Yes cleared all of them.

To keep the authenticity of the exam, it is required to have an external webcam. The reason behind that is , if someone hiding the behind the laptop, there no way that can be detected by the proctor. People can cheat easily. The same reason my wireless keyboard was not allowed in the exam. If people want to cheat they will find any way to do that.

It's been 10 years now with Redhat exams for me and I respect the policy.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Riyad
Cadet
Cadet

Hi kaiser..

Happy to hear . Hope you able to clear the exam.I am planning to write exam in coming week. whether external camera is mandatory or laptop camera is enough. Appreciate your reply.

shashi01

Hello @Riyad 

An external webcam is a mandatory requirement for remote exams. Therefore, you will need an external webcam, even if your laptop's integrated webcam is functioning properly.

kaiser
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

@Riyad , Yes cleared all of them.

To keep the authenticity of the exam, it is required to have an external webcam. The reason behind that is , if someone hiding the behind the laptop, there no way that can be detected by the proctor. People can cheat easily. The same reason my wireless keyboard was not allowed in the exam. If people want to cheat they will find any way to do that.

It's been 10 years now with Redhat exams for me and I respect the policy.

shashi01

Hello @kaiser 

Thank you for detailing your remote exam experience. It's encouraging to hear that your high-end setup, including 4K resolution and external hardware, was detected and compatible. The quick ISO load time, due to your system's specs and fast internet, is impressive.

It's worth noting for others about the wireless keyboard policy.

Your feedback is invaluable, helping both potential examinees and in refining the system. Wishing you great results, and thanks for sharing!

kaiser
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thank you a lot.  I needed to clear my exams faster. I live in a location where exam centers are 8-9 hours away. Remote exams are my only option. I appreciate dev's effort to update the iso fast.

Wasim_Raja

@kaiser Glad to hear that, thanks for the feedback.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.