cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO188 doesn't cover starting containers on boot

EX188 is clearly stating "As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention." , yet DO188 doesn't cover how to setup podman containers to start on boot. Is that on purpose ?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

You're right, it doesn't.

The RH134 course, chapter 13 (part of the RHCSA exam), however, does teach how to make containers persistent.

Part of the prerequisites for the EX188 say, "A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is recommended but not required."

So while it isn't required, it'd be a very good thing to know what's in the RH124/RH134 courses and/or earn the RHCSA (EX200) exam.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College

Well,

Not everybody took RHCSA in the past years. It won't hurt that material to
be copied to DO188, as usually RH courses are expected to cover everything
needed for the exam.
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

"usually RH courses are expected to cover everything needed for the exam"

Most times, they don't. For example, the RH294 course (as the RH254 before it) does not cover many of the required things a test taker needs to know / do during the EX300 (RHCE) exam - things that are covered in the RH124 / RH134 courses and RHCSA exam.

prerequisite, /prē-rĕk′wĭ-zĭt/, adjective: Required or necessary as a prior condition

Part of the prerequisites for the EX188 say, "A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is recommended but not required."

It is incumbent on the test taker to make certain they're capable of performing the tasks listed in the published objectives - including those things not specifically covered in the associated course (i.e.: DO188), as well as knowledge that is foundational to the administration of a system running containers (in this case, RHEL).

-----

Now, with that said:

I actually agree with you. As Red Hat obviously puts a premium on persistency, making containers persistent should be part of the DO188 course.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College
Chetan_Tiwary_

@puzzled-one @Tracy_Baker  Thanks for letting us know about this. I will alert the concerned team regarding this. 

0 Kudos

Hi ,

What is the main result about this topic ? 

in the course documents I didn't see any topic about this.

Will We do extra thing in exam about this topic ? For example ; creating docker service or always starting on boot etc. ? and also I didnt see any command about "podman --restart-always" like. Could you help me ?

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.