Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah1980
Cadet
Cadet

DO280 Chapter 1: The Openshift Web Console Final Lab

Jump to solution

Hi, I was aiming to do the final lab in chapter 1 of DO280 v4.12 and I keep getting an error for the pods of famous-quotes as crashloopbackoff with the logs as 

Sarah1980_0-1686638565262.png

Not sure, why its happening and any advice would be highly appreciated. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tess
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I've never done this particular training, but by the looks of it the famous-quotes container is looking for another container by the name of "database". Apparently this name does resolve to an IP address in the deployment, but apparently either the pod itself or the database listener on 3306 can be found. 

So for your next troubleshooting step, start looking into the logs for the database pod. Plus, spin up a test pod in the same deployment to see if you can manually connect to the database from inside the pod. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Tess
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I've never done this particular training, but by the looks of it the famous-quotes container is looking for another container by the name of "database". Apparently this name does resolve to an IP address in the deployment, but apparently either the pod itself or the database listener on 3306 can be found. 

So for your next troubleshooting step, start looking into the logs for the database pod. Plus, spin up a test pod in the same deployment to see if you can manually connect to the database from inside the pod. 

ss_rhlc

@Sarah1980 , step 5.3 should result in the creation of the database pod. At what step are you getting the crashloopbackoff  issue ?

Sarah1980
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks everyone, yeah I had not opened the port for database to listen on. Much appreciated for all your help!

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.