Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhnoname
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

EX280 retake preparation

Jump to solution

Preface: I know that RH exam are protected by the NDA, therefore I won't talk about the exam contents.

Three days ago I tried the EX280 but I didn't succeed for a few points (196/300), even though I followed both DO180 and DO280 and even after months of hands on labs.
I was quite confident to pass the exam because I made a lot of exercises.
It has been my 6th redhat exam, so I am not a newbie and this was the most difficult exam I took so far.

I am aware that both courses are not the exam prep guides but I found a huge gap between the course review exercise the tasks asked in the exam tasks especially the ones with TLS which didn't reflect the structure of the exercises suggested in both courses.

Probably I didn't pass because I don't have enough experience on OCP and I know that EX280 is universally recognized one of the most challenging exams.

Did anyone experience the same?

Are there any additional resources to make more exam-specific exercises?

Any other advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

BR

Best Regards
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
carlos_arias

Hi BR, it's true that the EX280 is a hard one, however, being this exam one that I've taken as much as times as you, I can say that the experience for the latest version 4.14 was the best so far.

I think they worked around possible misleading enunciates, they made scripts to ease the progress during the exam, focusing on openshift skills and not other side skills.

The only thing I can recommend is to know the documentation very well to search for examples on yaml files, and use the oc --help as much as possible, because almost all the exercises can be completed by using the examples from the oc --help and adapting them to the requirements of the exercise.

I think it's possible to complete the exam without using the GUI, which is usually slower than the CLI. But the GUI is also a good resource to check the exercises in a more visual way. So, CLI for completing exercises, GUI for reviewing the work is a good combination.

I hope this helps for your next chance!

RHCA - Level III
Free software for free people

View solution in original post

2 Replies
carlos_arias

Hi BR, it's true that the EX280 is a hard one, however, being this exam one that I've taken as much as times as you, I can say that the experience for the latest version 4.14 was the best so far.

I think they worked around possible misleading enunciates, they made scripts to ease the progress during the exam, focusing on openshift skills and not other side skills.

The only thing I can recommend is to know the documentation very well to search for examples on yaml files, and use the oc --help as much as possible, because almost all the exercises can be completed by using the examples from the oc --help and adapting them to the requirements of the exercise.

I think it's possible to complete the exam without using the GUI, which is usually slower than the CLI. But the GUI is also a good resource to check the exercises in a more visual way. So, CLI for completing exercises, GUI for reviewing the work is a good combination.

I hope this helps for your next chance!

RHCA - Level III
Free software for free people
rhnoname
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @carlos_arias

Thank you very much for these hints.

I will keep them in mind for the preparation and the next attempt as well.

Best Regards
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.