Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel-d
Cadet
Cadet

do180-4.2/pages/ch07s02 Unable to build mysql-57-rhel7 on localhost

Hello,

I have an issue try build the images mysql-57-rhel7 in course DO180 chapter 7.
Error: Storing signatures
error creating build container: The following failures happened ....
* "localhost/rhscl/mysql-57-rhel": Error determining manifest MIME type for docker://localhost/rhscl/mysql-57-rhel7:latest: pinging docker registry returned: Get https://localhost/v2/: dial tcp [::1]:443: connect refused

thanks in advance for help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Singh
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

@Daniel-d I have done this exercise and it worked fine for me. I suggest please re-try the exercise.

If you are still facing the issue, then best to raise a support case with Red Hat support team at support case  with Product as Red Hat Online Learning 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Daniel-d
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks for you reply

I have try many times also with less option but it's still unable to register in my local repository or in Quay.io repo.

0 Kudos
jordisola
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Daniel

From the output you are dropping here it seems to be a problem with your local Docker daemon... but the course is not using `docker` but `podman`.

Can you please confirm the exact build command you are trying to run?

Kind regards

Jordi Sola

0 Kudos
Daniel-d
Cadet
Cadet

Hello

I'am using the command of the course, sure.

sudo podman build -t do180/mysql-57-rhel7 --layers=false .

The build is corrrect but the registration cannot be done on my workstation local repository and in Quay.io. It's seem to be an issue on recording layers ...

I have done the configuration at the beginning of the course twice but I have issue for registration and recording in repository.

I will try again 

Thanks all for your reply

issue_do180-42_ch07s02.PNG

0 Kudos
jordisola
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Daniel

You are right, from the screenshot you sent it seems your workstation is having some issues trying to store the image layers.

Can you try to wipe the container image local repository? try executing `sudo podman rmi -fa`. That should remove the local storage so the build command can rebuild it again.

As a desperate measure, if nothing else works, you can delete the whole Lab Environment from your ROL page and create it back (that will provide you new machines), at expenses of losing all information you may have stored.

I hope it helps!

Kind Regards

Jordi Sola

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.