Highlighted

how to Install Red hat openshift 4.3 on laptop

Hi,

I want to install red hat openshift 4.3 on laptop. one of the option i can see as red hat code ready container but will it provide 4.3 features and automate upgrade to higher version.

If red hat code ready container is not option then how i can install redhat openshift 4.3 on laptop with master and worker node configuration. (2 master+1 infra + 2 worker)

Kindly share if any useful link or idea around this.

Regrads

Pravin  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: how to Install Red hat openshift 4.3 on laptop

Hi PravinDave,

Red Hat OpenShift Code Ready Containers (CRC) brings a minimal, preconfigured OpenShift cluster to your local laptop or desktop computer for development and testing purposes.  It is a good option if you only have one node (laptop).

CodeReady Containers supports native hypervisors for Linux, macOS, and Windows 10. 

CRC doesn't support automatic updating however; the certificates expire after 30 days and you need to download a new version and redeploy.  More information about CRC is available here:

Alternatively, you could create an OpenShift Online account and begin to deploy to Openshift right away without having to worry about installing and updating (unless installing and configuring is the point).  There is a link to sign up to Openshift Online in the link below:

- Ryan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@RyanMitchell wrote:

CRC doesn't support automatic updating however; the certificates expire after 30 days and you need to download a new version and redeploy.  

After further research, since Code Ready Containers 1.2, the certificate can automatically renew after it expires (still 30 days), however the version of CRC does not update automatically.

More information here:
https://code-ready.github.io/crc/#troubleshooting-expired-certificates_gsg

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Ryan

Appreciate your response. need few more clarifications if you have any idea on it.

first to exclude openshift online since my requirement is to install on laptop.

1. CRC---what version of openshift it install (4.1 or later)

2. Time it takes to recover after certificate renew

3. Is it possible to upgrade to higher version of openshift (4.3 or future version) manually in case of CRC installation method

4. Is it possible if I create nodes in laptop via oracle virtual box or openstack and then use these nodes for openshift installation with worker and master node configuration  if yes any supporting link or guidelines.

Thanks

Pravin

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.