Red Hat Openshift creates an enterprise-ready, multi-tenant Kubernetes platform that makes deploying and scaling microservice applications efficient and repeatable. As organizations move along their container-adoption journey by expanding their distributed microservice applications, they incur larger and more complex management requirements. Organizations seeking a digital transformation must find ways to mitigate these increasingly difficult and expensive challenges.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh empowers cloud-native developers and DevOps teams by simplifying the monitoring, securing, and hardening of microservices in a Kubernetes hosted distributed architecture. Rather than troubleshooting network interactions, tracing and testing services, and implementing application security, developers can focus more on building great applications to help their organizations accelerate a digital transformation and more rapidly respond to market changes.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh comprises three products: Istio, Jaeger, and Kiali. These products facilitate managing service interaction, provide service tracing, and create a visual representation of communication pathways.
Building Resilient Microservices with Istio and Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh (DO328) is a 3-day foundational introduction to Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh. This course is intended for two types of developers:
- OpenShift platform developers who are focused on building and managing developer tooling on the OpenShift platform.
- Microservice application developers who are focused on implementing application business functionality.
DO328 teaches students how to:
- Install Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh on an OpenShift cluster.
- Apply release strategies by controlling service traffic.
- Build service resilience with load balancing and failovers.
- Test service resilience with chaos testing.
- Enforce service security.
- Observe, measure, and trace distributed network traffic with OpenShift Service Mesh.
DO328 related Learning Paths
Be the first to know about Red Hat course and release announcements by subscribing to this board.