MikeInAZ
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

missing Observe > Dashboards menu for compreview-scale lab

Jump to solution

https://rol.redhat.com/rol/app/courses/do180-4.14/pages/ch08s03

The compreview-scale lab has this screenshot below showing the Observe side bar menu along with Dashboards and other submenus in order to find and terminate the high cpu workload in the computeprime deployment

dashboards.png

However, I don't see the Observe menu when I'm logged in as Administrator on the lab

MikeInAZ_2-1727601083740.png

If I switch to Developer I can see the Observe menu, but it isn't across the cluster and you have to select a single namespace to view at a time.  There are not any Alerting, Metrics, Dashboards, and Targets submenus either.

MikeInAZ_3-1727601777677.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shura
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @MikeInAZ 

It is known issue: Observe Tab not visible in RHOCP console Administrator view. Failed to get a valid plugin manifest from /api/plugins/monitoring- plugin/ SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
The issue has been fixed in RHOCP version 4.14.11 as a part of ERRATA RHSA-2024:0642.
If upgrading the cluster immediately is not possible,There are a few workaround to mitigate this problem.
Workaround 1
Bypassing the cache with a hard refresh (CTRL+SHIFT+R) if Mozilla Firefox is used.
Workaround 2
Disable cache using Developer Tools in the browser or else use a private window.
Browser --> More Tools --> Developer Tools --> Setting Tab (Top Right) --> Preference --> Network --> Disable Cache

Good luck

View solution in original post

2 Replies
shura
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @MikeInAZ 

It is known issue: Observe Tab not visible in RHOCP console Administrator view. Failed to get a valid plugin manifest from /api/plugins/monitoring- plugin/ SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
The issue has been fixed in RHOCP version 4.14.11 as a part of ERRATA RHSA-2024:0642.
If upgrading the cluster immediately is not possible,There are a few workaround to mitigate this problem.
Workaround 1
Bypassing the cache with a hard refresh (CTRL+SHIFT+R) if Mozilla Firefox is used.
Workaround 2
Disable cache using Developer Tools in the browser or else use a private window.
Browser --> More Tools --> Developer Tools --> Setting Tab (Top Right) --> Preference --> Network --> Disable Cache

Good luck

MikeInAZ
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Awesome!.  Both ctrl-shift-R (in a normal windows) and private/incognito window worked.  Thanks!

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.