MikeInAZ
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

4.7 Lab passthrough yaml knowledge

This is a LOT of yaml formatting to have to know by memory!  I'm not finding a comparable page on docs.openshift.com. Any ideas?

Also the sample product-deployment.yaml file does not have any of the non-bolded info below the volumeMounts line.  

MikeInAZ_1-1727379146779.png

2 Replies
rhnoname
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Uhm, I have not pretty much to say as I have - luckily - a good eidetic memory.

However, I would suggest to keep practicing on what you forget.

You will master it at some point, it is not that hard, imho.

Best Regards
0 Kudos
MikeInAZ
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I skipped #4 in the lab so that's why I didn't have the previous non-bolded text

It's still a lot to know. btw, I've noticed that in this lab they reference a lot of YAML modfication whereas in the guided exercises in the chapter, they are using a lot of commands to get the same thing done. For example the Chap 4 lab has you modify a configmap YAML vs the exercises do $ oc create configmap service-ca, $ oc annotate cm service-ca....

With a lot to learn for the exam, it get confusing and overwhelming with all the esoteric syntax.

I also noticed that the labs are heavy on command line and not much at all at doing the same thing in the web console. Why?  if the outcome is the same, then why not include that method as well.  I love the command line, but not enjoying torturing myself for a way more simpler.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.