Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

10 Tips on mastering your craft

Master your craft - here is how: 

1. Always remain a student.

2. Share your knowledge with others, teaching allows you to re-learn and give an invaluable gift to others.

3. Seek out constructive feedback - a fresh pair of eyes and different perspective is essential.

4. Be ok with failure - failure is a part of everyone's journey and will only result in personal growth.

5. Make small actionable goals - that lead to bigger goals over time.

6. Read, read, read - one of the number one learning tools out there.

7. Recommit and start with clear intentions every single day.

8. Tie what you are learning to a purpose - you will be much more incentivitized to learn if you apply it to a bigger mission.

9. Ask questions continuously - we learn mostly by doing and seeking guidance from others.

10. STAY CURIOUS - my number one tip. Curiosity leads to innovation, new ideas, growth, and evolutions. 

Please feel free to add any additional tips you might have with the community.

Let us know if these types of posts are valuable to you by liking or commenting and we will continue to share.

--
Deanna
Tags (4)
2 Replies
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

I used to train junior technicians. I told them that, in my opinion, one of the most important attributes is: be confident, you can do it.

I'm particularly fond of your #4: Failure. I never learn something so well as I do when I first fail at it.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College
Walid
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thank you @Deanna and @Tracy_Baker 

some of these  are part of core Amazon leadership principles as well as any successful perosn or company. One thing I would like to add is practice, practice, and make sure you apply what you learn.

1. Learn and Be Curious
  2. Invent and Simplify
  3. Bias for Action
~ Walid - Red Hat Accelerator, DevOps Janitor
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.