cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NiganDong
Cadet
Cadet

Boot from USB drive to load RHEL on a SSD

I'm strugling to boot RHEL on a SSD with my HPE MicroServer Gen8.

Here is some related information.:

Installed RHEL8.1 on a 128GB SSD(SATA5 /dev/sdd), a 4GB USB drive on USB port(/dev/sdb), and 2x5TB HDD (SATA 1&2, /dev/sda /dev/sdc)

I set bios to boot USB drive first, Mobdro so it can Kodi chainload bluehost bluehost to boot SSD (RHEL 8.1). I've tried this method

But the file system seems different, also grub2 commands are not fitting the current RHEL 8.1.

Would somebody help me on this?

Thanks and have a good day.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
qloudhost
Cadet
Cadet

To boot from a USB drive and load Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) on an SSD, you need to follow these steps:

1. Insert the USB drive into your computer and power it on.
  2. Press the key to access the boot menu (usually F12 or F2) during startup.
  3. Select the USB drive from the list of available boot devices.
  4. The RHEL installation screen will appear. Follow the prompts to install RHEL on the SSD.
  5. Once the installation is complete, restart the computer and set the SSD as the primary boot device in the BIOS settings.

It's worth noting that if you are using a DMCA Ignored VPS or an offshore dedicated server, the process may vary slightly depending on the specific setup. Additionally, some VPS providers may not allow you to boot from a USB drive. It's always best to consult your provider's documentation or support team for guidance on how to boot from a USB drive on their platform. Offshore WordPress Hosting

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.