cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
falko
Cadet
Cadet

Can I play a radio during my remote certification?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm preparing for a remote certification and was wondering if it's okay to have quiet background music playing (like a radio) to help me manage stress. I don't want to be disruptive in any way. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance! Best regards,

Falko

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ricardo
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @falko ,

According to the rules, you must be in a quiet place, so any background noise could disrupt your exam and the proctor may suspend it's execution. As a reminder, you must have an microphone active throughout the whole exam.

Cheers,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

itiho
Cadet
Cadet

It's crucial to note that proctors operate in a shared dispatching room where multiple exams are concurrently taking place. Each exam has its dedicated audio feed for proctoring purposes. Introducing various background music by candidates could lead to excessive audio noise, impacting the proctoring environment. Therefore, it is important for candidates to refrain from playing music during their exams to maintain a focused and conducive atmosphere for proctoring. Hope you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PetrCihlar

I dont thik the proctors allow this. I am almost certain they will not.
BTW, do you need music to get focused? Would you require this at the job interview?

Petr Cihlar
0 Kudos
falko
Cadet
Cadet

Hello Petr,

Thank you for your input. I understand your perspective, but I believe there are differences between a job interview and a certification exam. In an interview, the focus is on interpersonal communication, whereas an exam requires sustained concentration on specific tasks. For some individuals, background music can enhance focus and reduce test-related anxiety.

Best regards, Falko

Ricardo
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @falko ,

According to the rules, you must be in a quiet place, so any background noise could disrupt your exam and the proctor may suspend it's execution. As a reminder, you must have an microphone active throughout the whole exam.

Cheers,

Ricardo

itiho
Cadet
Cadet

It's crucial to note that proctors operate in a shared dispatching room where multiple exams are concurrently taking place. Each exam has its dedicated audio feed for proctoring purposes. Introducing various background music by candidates could lead to excessive audio noise, impacting the proctoring environment. Therefore, it is important for candidates to refrain from playing music during their exams to maintain a focused and conducive atmosphere for proctoring. Hope you find this helpful.

Sanju7
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

@falkoBeing a music lover myself I understand your ask to have relaxed mind while doing some important things. But considering certification exam as more professional stuff, it will not be allowed by the proctors as per remote exam policies.

And the points from @itiho @Ricardo are very much valid.

Instead, you can take breaks (*On certain terms and conditions) in between the exam as a stress relieving time and get refreshed and come back with more focus on the exam

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.