cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chungzed
Cadet
Cadet

Cannot boot Red Hat Remote Exam, hanging at 100%

I followed the guide for remote exam preparation, and am trying to boot my remote exam environment for DO288 but it just hangs at 100%. I've tried using different USB keys but I still get the same issue.

277848798_952113778826166_562151277569914448_n.jpeg

I know this has been a common problem in the past where others have resolved the issue by downloading the older version of the ISO https://static.redhat.com/downloads/training-certification/rhrexboot-2020-08.iso, but even the 2020-08 version of the ISO doesn't work for me. I just get a black screen when I try to boot the 2020-08 version.

Has anyone recently encountered the same issue or are there any new fixes? If it's at all relevant, my laptop is an ASUS ROG Strix G15 (2021) G513QE-DB91-CA.

Labels (1)
16 Replies
rhel_since_3
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I got reply 

"Unfortunately, it will be impossible to say at this point as to whether and when a LiveUSB compatible with AMD Ryzen or Gaming laptops and other such hardware will be developed. Hence we cannot commit a timeline. For all cases of incompatibility, the recommendation is to take the exam from conventional classrooms or authorized testing centers."

"Kirthiram J (Customer update) Hello *****, Thank you for reverting back to us. Red Hat has to cope with some security concerns and challenges to protect its intellectual property and exam consistency. Creating a system bootable on the entire ever-expanding group of hardware is a difficult task, especially meeting the above-mentioned security and other criteria. The Remote Exam ISO is a spin off from the regular Fedora WorkStation 32 base image. We get a lot of candidates who have high-end gaming systems or the latest generation Apple systems that do not work with Remote Exam LiveUSB. It is a challenge to test various hardware available in the market and to develop an ISO compatible with all of them, our developers are doing their best to make the ISO compatible with the most commonly used systems. I suggest using an alternative system that works without issues with Remote Exam Live USB else you can even schedule the exam at the nearest testing center (some exams may not available at testing centers and are exclusively offered as Remote Exam) Regards, Remote Exam Readiness Support Team"

Dear Sir,

I already shared pictures in first email, nothing loads after 100% it's just stuck.

I believe though laptop is gaming laptop, technically it has all the resources which is required for the exams.

1. AMD Ryzen 7 is x86-64 family 
2. 16GB memory 
3. Dedicated LAN ports and USB ports
4. webcam

There are lots many users with AMD CPUs struggling to load exam on their laptop. if you could escalate this matter further with top level development team and help in releasing AMD compatible build it helps a lot.

I believe being pioneer in the industry Red Hat should be able to do justice on this matter.

Good Bye Red Hat from my side its very disappointing !!!

rhel_since_3
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Any fix ???
0 Kudos
RedBat
Cadet
Cadet

1,931 people have viewed this post as of April 25th 2023. This issue is still affecting AMD and NVIDIA-based systems. No new ISO developed or provided.

This is a well-known issue for Redhat, the least they could do is acknowledge it in their FAQ or the PDF they send out to prepare for the exam. 

Currently Running:
Amd Ryzen 5600X
Nvidia RTX 3080
MSI B550

Punya
Cadet
Cadet

i do have the same issue with my lenovo laptop .with new iso its stuck at 100% and old iso its black screen

0 Kudos
Suhas7
Cadet
Cadet

Same issue with MSI laptops as well.

0 Kudos
Suhas7
Cadet
Cadet

Any updates on this issue? It does not work on Intel i7 with NVIDIA 3060. Support told me that there is an issue with the compatibility of the NVIDIA cards and I should get a different one. There is no mention about this on the remote exam PDF. No timelines, no warnings. The on site exam I had scheduled was also cancelled stating that the exam center is going to be shut down. No info about why, when it might open back up again. 

My eligibility is going to expire soon, I have no option to take it remote or on site. Hard to be optimistic about this. Please fix it as soon as possible

Sudesh1
Cadet
Cadet

I am facing the same issue with intel i5 Beelink mini pc.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.