cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification question

I had got my certificate of attendace for Red Hat System Adminstration 1 class. My question is can I use that certificate as a "certification" for that specific class. For background, I'm in college and would just like to add some things to my resume for credentials and building purposes!

Labels (2)
2 Replies
damiansztankows
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi,

Imho, you should treath this certification of attendace as a training confirmation and puth this in your resume under the training and courses section. If you will pass RHCSA (https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/ex200-red-hat-certified-system-administrator-rhcsa-exam) then you can use RHCSA as a proof that you gained basic knowledge for RHEL Admins. For me Red Hat System Adminstration 1 and Red Hat System Adminstration 2 are only a signs that you've started your preparation for RHCA ( real exam with cert )

~RHCA Infra Level IV~
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @AshtonHall ,

Certificate of attendance  could be used for showcasing your training and NOT certification.

As @damiansztankows mentioned - you can include it under training section of your resume.

Note that certification ( Red Hat certification ) typically means you have cleared a live hands on practical exam with a minimum passing score and one can verify your certification credentials using the certificate ID.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.