cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkng3107
Cadet
Cadet

Do we allow wired earphones in EX200 exam?

I'm going to take EX200 exam from home. I am not sure if I can use the earphones with an inbuilt microphone because I don't know why the inbuilt mic in my external camera and laptop keeps failing the test, but the earphones work

Thank you in advance. 

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

@mkng3107 As far as I know earphones are not allowed in Red Hat exams.

Please note that "Exam support link" ( https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments ) is the official channel for raising support case and taking guidance/ help for anything related to exam. All other comments and suggestions are provisional.

0 Kudos
PetrCihlar

Earphones are not forbidden but you are not allowed to have anything on your head.
There is a difference between the earphones and the headset. Lets be clear. The difference is the microphone that only headsets have. If you call it just a earphones, it does not have a mic. So what you mean is the headset. 
As the microphone is required and speakers are not needed (Red Hat needs to hear your room, to make sure nobody is helping you, the chat with the proctor is only written), you are allowed to use the headset but you need to place it on the desk. It will only serve as a microphone during the exam. Of course, it has to be wired. Usually USB od jack.

Petr Cihlar
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.