cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX200V8K

Trying to reschedule my exam  and noticed that EX200V8K was not available when I scheduled only EX200V9K was available. Do you still offer the EX200V8K  or do I need to take EX200V9K and if so what are the differences? I have been studying for EX200V8K.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

EX200 is availabe in v9 now. You can switch to v9 - you wont find sweeping differences between both. 

Refer there the v9 exam objective : https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/ex200-red-hat-certified-system-administrator-rhcsa-exam?... 

If you want to know the difference between both version courses , take a look at the below summary :

RH124:
  • All narratives, exercises, and labs are updated to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 syntax.

• The Red Hat Enterprise Linux introduction includes modern use cases and hybrid cloud computing.

• The GNU info command is removed based on feedback that indicates limited use.

• NetworkManager configuration file location changed starting in RHEL 8, and the network-scripts location is deprecated.  The new configuration files use an INI format.

• Remote file copying now uses Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).  Secure Copy Protocol (SCP) is removed due to a security flaw, and is no longer recommended for production use.

• Package modules are temporarily deemphasized, because the earliest versions of RHEL 9 ship without software package modules while the module infrastructure continues to be built.

• Red Hat support information and sites are updated to include newer tools and locations.

RH134:
  • Installing software now uses Simple Content Access for subscription management, which eliminates subscription attachment tasks and simplifies preparing registered systems.

• Kickstart is updated with new syntax and functionality.

• Modules are deemphasized in this update, but not removed.  Engineering continues to develop the module infrastructure for RHEL 9, which will be delivered in a later RHEL 9 minor release.

• Starting in RHEL 9, training courseware uses dnf commands for RPM package management.  Yum remains supported, and using dnf aligns RHEL with the upstream community.

• Network teaming is deprecated, due to a lack of upstream development, in favor of network bonding.  The teamd service and the libteam library are deprecated in RHEL 9 and will be removed in the next major release.

• Firewall infrastructure based on iptables, and the ability to migrate iptables configurations to NFT is removed.  NFT is now the default firewall configuration and method.

• The Access Control List chapter is removed based on feedback that indicates limited use.

• SSH root access is now disabled by default.   RHEL 9 adds new options to the root password configuration screen to lock the root account and to allow root SSH login with password..

• Support for disabling SELinux through /etc/selinux/config is removed.  SELinux can only be disabled through use of a kernel boot parameter.

• The exFAT filesystem is now supported for external USB storage and  data exchange with other operating systems, especially Windows.

• VDO management is removed as a major topic, and is minimally introduced in the LVM overview, based on feedback that indicates limited use.

• The container content has been redesigned to discuss use cases, and to include the latest podman syntax.

0 Kudos
Chetan_Tiwary_

@digital1991 I also removed the third party link in your post which was not required / unrelated to the post you created. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.