Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sp33dy
Cadet
Cadet

Exam recheck

Jump to solution

Hello,
how can I request second opinion about exam results? I don't agree with what I received and want to request for recheck.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Fran_Garcia
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

You can contact the exam team with this form: https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments 

That being said, all Red Hat exams are automatically corrected - no human intervenes in grading the exams. Most of the issues occur because one of this options (regardles of the specific exam):

- Exam guides are not followed verbatim.  For example, an exam might request you create a file named "foo.txt" . If you create a file "Foo.txt" or "FOO.txt", the exam script will not detected it and will cause the exercise to be marked as failed.

- Your configurations, for whatever reason, are not persistent. Again, the exam are graded automatically and if your system doesn't survive a reboot, the grade script will not be able to mark your configuration as succesful.

Hope this helps,

Fran

View solution in original post

Keerthy

Hello @nurlan2004 

You can leave your query on the below link. The corresponding team will respond accordingly.

https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Fran_Garcia
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

You can contact the exam team with this form: https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments 

That being said, all Red Hat exams are automatically corrected - no human intervenes in grading the exams. Most of the issues occur because one of this options (regardles of the specific exam):

- Exam guides are not followed verbatim.  For example, an exam might request you create a file named "foo.txt" . If you create a file "Foo.txt" or "FOO.txt", the exam script will not detected it and will cause the exercise to be marked as failed.

- Your configurations, for whatever reason, are not persistent. Again, the exam are graded automatically and if your system doesn't survive a reboot, the grade script will not be able to mark your configuration as succesful.

Hope this helps,

Fran

Travis
Travis

@sp33dy -

Keep in mind, according to the EXAM NDA you cannot discuss specific exam questions or solutions and further cannot discuss any specifics or portions of the exams. The example that @Fran_Garcia posted above is a perfect explanation of why you could lose all or partial points on exam sections.

While some may think it is unfair, the purpose here is to test both knowledge and accuracy. If you are administering systems that could result in loss of life or course cause harm in other ways because of typos or inaccurate information, there is no "Do Over" which is why if you are specifically told to create files with certain names in certain locations or name a user with a certain username, those must be exact.

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
sp33dy
Cadet
Cadet

Oh yeah, sorry for that.
There were no typos or inaccurate information. This was a bug in exam environment. I didn't have it in my RHEL9 install from official iso file on VM. I've already requested for a recheck of both my attemptes.

0 Kudos
Mostafa1
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer
In a certain exam, there was incorrect information in the documentation
which caused a major behavior difference. During my exam preparations, I
spotted this mistake and corrected it for myself. In the exam, I found the
same mistake and documents and used the correct command that I already knew.
0 Kudos
sp33dy
Cadet
Cadet

Great, I also already know how to proceed with this, but that's not a proper way for examination. Not in RHCSA anyway.

0 Kudos
SoorajT
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I also have similar creadibily issue on Redhat Exams. Redhat will give  exam candidate to go for a joint investigation ? 

0 Kudos
Tess
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Way back in 2017, when I took EX413 I failed the exam twice because of bugs and mistakes in the exam scoring/validation scripts. After failing my second attempt, I contacted the training support team and very clearly explained why I was certain I should have passed and which questions I knew for a fact were scored incorrectly. 

Two days later they informed me I had actually passed on the first attempt. They had made changes to the exam recently, which weren't scored correctly. 

They gave me a voucher, for the second exam.

Hey there. I am in the same situation, failed my second attempt. Can you please let me know through which email you contacted? Or any phone number? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.