cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chetan_Tiwary_
Community Manager
Community Manager

From Failure to Triumph: Your Red Hat Exam Comeback Story

Failing an exam is a tough blow; since it involves a lot of time, hardwork and cash, but it doesn't mean it's a complete waste. Sometimes, failure can reveal hidden opportunities for growth. Passing these exams is challenging, and even the most dedicated learner may encounter setbacks.

Just like the Avengers faced their darkest hour against Thanos, we too face challenges in our Red Hat certification journey. 

The Exam  : “You're Strong, But I Could Snap My Fingers And You'd All Cease To Exist.”

But remember, even the mightiest heroes faced setbacks before emerging victorious. Let's explore how to overcome exam failures and emerge stronger, armed with knowledge and determination - The Avengers way !!

1. Recharge / Refocus Like Dr. Bruce Banner:
  • Take a Break: Step away from the study table / laptop and clear your mind.
  • Return with Renewed Energy: Approach your studies with a fresh perspective. Learn Unlearn & Relearn

“That’s my secret Cap…I am always angry

1. Analyze Your Strength & Weaknesses like Tony Stark:
  • Identify Knowledge Gaps: Review your exam results to pinpoint areas where you struggled. Refer the exam objectives link for the same. If you score less than 50% in a topic / objective - restart that whole concept fresh, If you got more than 50% - revisit those labs!
  • Strategize for Improvement: Use this knowledge to focus your studies and develop a targeted approach for those exam objectives. Revisit the recommended course. 

“It's not about how much we lost. It's about how much we have left."

1. Enhance Your Learning Arsenal like Black Panther:
  • Explore Different Methods: Try various learning techniques like video courses, hands-on labs, preliminary exams, and explore official documentation to take help in exams. 

“How is never as important as why”

•        Seek Expert Guidance: Consider mentorship like expert chat as available in Standard and Premium learning subscription in Red Hat training or take help from this community of learners for support and advice.                                                                                                 

You're Not The Only One Cursed With Knowledge

4. Connect with your fellow Avengers like Steve Rogers:

• Connect with Fellow Learners: Collaborate with others preparing for the same exam.Use the course groups in this community for the same. In doubt - always feel free to ASK. Do not think about the level of doubt - just ask. 
  • Learn from Each Other: Share knowledge, discuss challenging concepts, alternative methodologies and benefit from diverse perspectives.
  • Revisit those labs : Redo those labs independently and without looking at the solution, if you face any issues try to troubleshoot on your own like how will you do in the live exam. 

“I can do this all day”

5. Master the End Game like Dr Strange:

• Develop Effective Strategies: In the exam practice time management, question analysis, and read exam instructions.
  • Be a fox : Exploit exam tweaks and apply shortcuts e.g. copy paste, ssh into multiple terminals to work on next tasks while one is taking time, do only what is asked, always go for persistent configurations etc -  like a cunning fox.

“There was no other way!”

1. Reward Yourself like Thor :
  • Set Smaller Goals: Break down your study plan into achievable milestones as per the objectives and sub objectives of the Red Hat exam.
  • Celebrate Your Achievements: Reward yourself for conquering challenges and staying motivated.

"I choose to run towards my problems and not away from them."

Even in failures, there's always a silver lining. Focus on the positive, stay motivated, and use this setback as a learning opportunity. Channel your inner Red Hat warrior and overcome this challenge. Your Red Hat certification is within reach, and this failure might be the very catalyst you needed to achieve it.

This is it. The fight of our lives — and we're going to win. Whatever it takes.

3 Replies
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chetan_Tiwary_ this is an inspiring, valuable and relatable article - thank you so much for sharing! I have seen countless others use the community for words of wisdom, general advice and support as they pursue the path to certification. Thank you for sharing this thoughtful piece!

--
Deanna
Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

I really love the 3rd bullet, in item #4.  Labs (hands on) is so, so critical (levels above
important), when it comes to developing functional skills and knowledge that will
enable an individual to perform in the practical (real) world!!!  Of course, with Red Hat
exams being 100% performance based, that's yet another reason to become a 
juggernaut with lab activities.  

Knowing the theory is absolutely important, but the practical is what's being assessed
on those industry-recognized RHEL cert exams!!!

That's a master recipe provided by Chef Chetan

Trevor "Red Hat Evangelist" Chandler
Wasim_Raja

@Chetan_Tiwary_ Absolutely correct, thanks for sharing.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.