cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geddit Availability in RedHat exams

Hi all, 

I am planning to take EX188 very soon and I have been using gedit to modify the configuration files. Is it allowed in the exam to use gedit? 

Thanks in advance!

Nouf 

Tags (2)
4 Replies
rhnoname
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hello,

Exam contents or configuration can't be discussed due to the NDA.

You could ask to the RH support by raising a request here

Best Regards

Hi, 

I am not asking about the content. As in the lab environment provided by the course gedit integeration is available.

Is the lab environment setup is the same as the exam env? 

rhnoname
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

The whole exam environment - beside the exam you are taking or its content - is protected by NDA as well

As I mentioned before, you should ask to the RH support.

Best Regards
Chetan_Tiwary_
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Noufalsubaie No, the exam environment and the lab env is not the same. Also, it cannot be known whether a particular software / tool is available or not in the exam unless it is actually there in the exam. The exam environment contains the tools / packages required to complete the exam. Sometimes there are additional repos available whose information is provided in the exam instructions. You need to check what is available and what is not. Be confident that generally available tools are there like vim are available but there is no guarantee that your favorite tool will be there in the exam env as it is a minimal environment which contains just the required tools / configurations to be able to perform a task with ease. You can very well raise a support case to the exam team but I doubt you will get a definite answer on that. If you get a concrete answer from the exam support on this , please provide the info here as well.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.