Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kanch
Cadet
Cadet

How to Setup Containers Labs in existing Lab setup for RH124 and RH134

Jump to solution

Good day to all of you,

I have a Lab setup in my laptop whch includes a workstation , Servera and Serverb. I can run all labs/guided exercises in both RH124 and RH134 books. But I am unable to run Guided exercises in "Student Workbook
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.2 RHCSA650E
RHCSA Running Containers
Edition 1"

in my lab setup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Istudent@workstation -]$ lab containers-basic start"

when i run above command in workstation machine of my setup it gives an error 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I searched in many places for the required scripts but unable to found.

Please help me as I left only 4 days for my exam.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Travis

@Kanch -

It sounds like you tried to duplicate our course environment for your laptop where you setup your own workstation, servera, serverb machines and that you might have also copied the lab scripts over. It would seem that things aren't working for the container exercises. The scripts are meant to setup and copy things for the labs or exercises, but they also depend on certain other files or configurations there.

You don't really need the "Start/Finish/Grade" scripts to practice, those just make it easier. I'm guessing (since you don't have a script error shown), that the script is failing because it is looking for a resource to setup for the exercise that you don't have or that your workstation machine is setup incorrectly for Podman and the user you are attempting to use to run the exercises.

Podman needs to be configured for things like Rootless containers and other items. Also, one of the thing our setup script may or may not do is provide and load a local container image for you to use. You could always login to a container registry and download UBI image to try the things. 

Again for studying you don't need our lab environments nor do you really need the commands as they just make things nice and easy for you to repeat and remove work so you can practice it continually.

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Travis

@Kanch -

It sounds like you tried to duplicate our course environment for your laptop where you setup your own workstation, servera, serverb machines and that you might have also copied the lab scripts over. It would seem that things aren't working for the container exercises. The scripts are meant to setup and copy things for the labs or exercises, but they also depend on certain other files or configurations there.

You don't really need the "Start/Finish/Grade" scripts to practice, those just make it easier. I'm guessing (since you don't have a script error shown), that the script is failing because it is looking for a resource to setup for the exercise that you don't have or that your workstation machine is setup incorrectly for Podman and the user you are attempting to use to run the exercises.

Podman needs to be configured for things like Rootless containers and other items. Also, one of the thing our setup script may or may not do is provide and load a local container image for you to use. You could always login to a container registry and download UBI image to try the things. 

Again for studying you don't need our lab environments nor do you really need the commands as they just make things nice and easy for you to repeat and remove work so you can practice it continually.

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
Kanch
Cadet
Cadet

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried to login using my redhat credentials but i was unable to login using 

"podman login registry.redhat.io"

it says invalid username/password.

so I tried 

"podman pull registry.access.redhat.com/ubi8/xxxxx

IT WORKS!!!

containers.png

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.