Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Adams
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

+1 this method. I have Fedora for my desktop and all 5 of my kids and wife use fedora laptops or AIO's. Because of the frequency of Fedora updates, I host an in-house fedora yum repo to ease bandwidth usage.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
FabioReis
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

@kulkarnitejas 

Please, send more details of your query. 

By the way, I use RHEL here in my laptop without any issues. 

No, RHEL Is best suited for servers however you can still run it on your desktop but that's not prefered.

Fran_Garcia
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

For what is worth, Red Hat employees do use RHEL in their laptops and workstations, and have a coporate build supported by their IT department. Other companies do that too, so it's definitely possible to use it for everyday tasks

exceed
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

You also have a workstation version named Red Hat Enterprise Workstation which is from what I know designed to be used on laptops and such. I dont see any reason why you cant run the RHEL server version with GUI though

Armann
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I have used it in the past as my everyday desktop. Currently I'm using Fedora 37 but before that, RHEL served me just fine. I switched because I needed updates faster and better gpu support.

Stephen_Adams
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

+1 this method. I have Fedora for my desktop and all 5 of my kids and wife use fedora laptops or AIO's. Because of the frequency of Fedora updates, I host an in-house fedora yum repo to ease bandwidth usage.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.