Cadet
Cadet

Re: Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

Thanks Shefeeq.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

I have a quastion, currently my laptop has 2 usb ports, i have wired mouse and wired keyboard wierd external camera and i need to plugin a bootable_usb_flash_drive.

I can i use a dock_station? So i can plugin there my: External monitor,mouse,keyboard,external_camera and usb_flash_drive..
Dock_station will take a role like a charger for my laptop, and yes laptop will be with closed lid.

Please let me know if this scenario works. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi @180-047-912 , 

That should work, if I understood your setup correctly. Have you tried the compatibility mode, to see if the hardware is properly supported?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Cadet
Cadet

Hello Team,

Could we use a dock as an usb hub to connect the devices (external webcam, wired mouse, usb drive) and to connect the network (using CAT6 cable - the port on my laptop is busted and not working) even though I am not using external monitor during exam ? I would be taking exam from laptop itself

Thank you.

Regards,

Suman

0 Kudos

Hello @stripura,

You can use a docking station as long as only the essential accessories are connected to it. In your case, they would be: wired webcam, USB drive, ethernet cable and a wired mouse.

Best Regards,

Shefeeq

0 Kudos
Cadet
Cadet

Hello, 

I schduled my exam for next week, 

Do I need speakers for the exam, or is it enough to have only a camera and microphone? And in case speakers are required, can I use an external USB sound card since my speakers won't plug directly into the computer?

0 Kudos

Hello @Michael1,

Speakers are not a requirement for remote exams. The proctor will communicate with you via a chat applet with in the proctoring application. 

All the best for your upcoming exam.

Best Regards,

Shefeeq

0 Kudos
Cadet
Cadet

If i will lose network connection or it will be ocured some power interruption during the exam how i will be able to contact the proctor, and what about the exam retaking policy in sittuation where i will unable to resolve this issues quickly? 

0 Kudos

Hi @Michael1 ,

In the case of a total power/internet outage during your exam where you are completely cut off from the Proctor, you can reach for the phone and wait for a call from the support team and if power/internet not being restored within a reasonable period of time, you may not be able to continue with the exam. A re-take in such an event is a completely subjective matter depending on a few aspects. You would need to raise a ticket with the support team and request for a review. They will look into it and revert to you.

Let me also reiterate a previous comment from my colleague that its the candidate's responsibility to get ready for the exam - https://learn.redhat.com/t5/General/Questions-about-getting-ready-for-your-Red-Hat-remote-exam/m-p/1...

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Cadet
Cadet

Hi, I got this email from redhat that "we had approved an extended monitor with wired mouse and keyboard.", and I was curious If I can use my 32" TV as extended monitor. Because I dont want to have problem with font size as the last time. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.