cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 213K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
davman
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Is on rhel8 not 7 the ex200. Kind regards
0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @Ringtarih ,

EX200K is the older RHEL7 version of RHCSA and EX200V8K is the RHEL8 version.
If your exam confirmation says EX200K, it's the RHEL7 RHCSA, please recheck your confirmation email and prepare accordingly.

Regards,

0 Kudos
diesello
Cadet
Cadet

Hi Guys

I just want to clarify, I ordered a remote exam and was going to do it from Ireland, apparently I will be in a different country that day.
Does it matter which location I connect from?

Regards

0 Kudos
Gineesh
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Friend,
You must choose the country when you schedule the exam and the time zone
follows the selection.

*Gineesh*
linkedin.com/in/gineesh
0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @diesello ,

Where you connect from does not impact the functioning of a remote exam as long as your internet connectivity is good.
While scheduling the exam, you should see this dialog box asking for country and location information.

screenshot-scheduler.png

You may choose 'Ireland' as the ID issuing country (This should match with the country, where the purchase was made) and then choose the country/time zone of the actual exam location in the section to the right. This will ensure your exam VMs are provisioned in the nearest data center.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
diesello
Cadet
Cadet

Hi @vishals 

Thanks for clarification. If I would like to update the country of the actuall exam, would that require complete rescheduling?

To be honest cannot move the date as my RHCE is ending soon and the exam (assuming I will pass) will extend the validity.

I guess it is safe to continue with the current booking. There is no big difference (in the terms of loction), between Ireland and Poland.

Regards

0 Kudos
diesello
Cadet
Cadet

Hi Gineesh

I did that but I will be in different, than initially planned, country. 

Hence my question.

0 Kudos
Gineesh
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I think you need to plan your timezone well.
Either attend it in scheduled “time” based on the timezone you selected. Or
reschedule with choosing your correct timezone 😄

Thanks
--

-Gineesh-
0 Kudos
chorn
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

I have uploaded my "Japan residence card" as "GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO ID". The validity period of the card for the Japanese government has expired before I was able to take the exam. Can please someone remove the uploaded and approved residence card image, so I can upload a new one?

Thanks, Chris

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @chorn ,

Please raise a support ticket. The support team can help get this sorted.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.