cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 213K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
PiotrS
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

IIRC I had weird situation on one of my previous 4xx exams. Package I wanted to install was not available and the other one I needed was altered and had no docs included. Maybe it was "by design" :)

0 Kudos
JS_Learning

Hi,

In my 6 different Red Hat Exams, I never seen any information saying we are not allowed to install anything. If the package is available in the repository presented in the exam, then nothing is preventing you to install it.

Saying that, if it's not mentionned during the exams questions then it's not required (Yes, it's easier for you because you are familiar with that, I mean in a way for other candidates they don't need to do that).

As for create simple shell scripts, I think it's solely using bash. Well let's say that it was my interpretation of the exam questions and that worked, I got 100% on that topic. I don't think you can use python... I think you will have the answer to your question after reading the exam requirements...(can't help you due to the NDA that every candidate is accepting).

0 Kudos

Hi

Is laptop connected with docking station is permitted to use during remote exam ?

Regards

0 Kudos
vishals

Yes, A docking station or a USB hub to connect peripheral devices is allowed.

0 Kudos
FE
Cadet
Cadet

Good Morning,

Since my laptop internal speakers are broken, I would like to know if one of the follow options are accepted

- Headphone connected by USB

- Headphone connected by jack

- External spkeaker connected by USB or jack?

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi there,

Speakers are not a requirement for remote exams. The proctor will communicate with you via a chat applet within the exam environment.
However, a microphone is needed to transmit your audio to the proctors. If your internal mic also has problems, you can use a wired microphone/headset (via jack or USB) and leave it on the work table. (Your exam proctor will guide on the camera & mic placement).

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi. Can i use a wired/bluetooth external microphone and speaker device during the exam? It's the Anker PowerConf device in particular.

The microphone and speaker volume on my laptop is rather soft even when put to maximum, thus would like to find out if i can use an external speaker and microphone. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi, please see - https://learn.redhat.com/t5/General/Questions-about-getting-ready-for-your-Red-Hat-remote-exam/m-p/1...

Speakers are not a requirement for remote exams. The proctor will communicate with you via a chat applet within the exam environment.
However, a microphone is needed to transmit your audio to the proctors. If your internal mic also has problems, you can use a wired microphone/headset (via jack or USB) and leave it on the work table. (Your exam proctor will guide on the camera & mic placement).

Regards,

0 Kudos
Remzi
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hello,

While I am in the exam, Can I use information commands such as “man, ansible-doc, info ” during the exam?

If we can, could you explain whether using these commands have any effect on the score what we will get at the end of the exam or not?

Thanks.

Remzi

0 Kudos
PiotrS
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I don't think that using man/info/other docs was prohibited/restricted somehow on exams.

I'm doing it on all my exams and I had few 300/300s so there's no "penalty" on using manuals.

Moreover - they don't expect you to know all the switches, options etc. for each and every command/module. The beauty of practical exam is that you have to know how to configure the particular part of OS and NOT to memorize sequences of commands.

There's one "BUT" - you have to know where to find this information because searching for something you're not aware of is time consuming. So I'd recommend to get familiar with the docs and not memorize them.

The "power of admin" includes also an ability to find the information not only knowledge "how to use ls or reboot".

-- 

Regards

Piotr

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.