cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MASSI
Cadet
Cadet

Dears,

I am RHCE certified looking to become RHCA. I would like to know whether it is enough to pass any 5 additional certifications ( like ansible etc ) ? Or those 5 should be specific to the path ( like RHCA in Infrastructure or RHCA in Cloud). For example if you pass 3 certifications from Cloud path and 2 from Infrastracture - do you still get RHCA title?

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oldbenko

Hey, @MASSI,

As @harpreetsingh correctly suggests, with a current base certification, you need any five certificates of expertise (CoE) that count against it.

What is the meaning of this fancy wording? It means you have three base certifications:

• RHCE
  • RHCJD
  • RHCEMD

Not all CoE count against all of the above base certifications.

For more information, please consider the RHCA certification information page where you have a clear list of exams that count against either of the above.

Cheers,
Grega

A black cat crossing the street signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
[don't forget to kudo a helpful post or mark it as a solution!]

View solution in original post

3 Replies
harpreetsingh
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Yes... for RHCA Track you can go for any 5 certification program, after completion of any 5 Certifications after RHCE you will be awarded by RHCA.

oldbenko

Hey, @MASSI,

As @harpreetsingh correctly suggests, with a current base certification, you need any five certificates of expertise (CoE) that count against it.

What is the meaning of this fancy wording? It means you have three base certifications:

• RHCE
  • RHCJD
  • RHCEMD

Not all CoE count against all of the above base certifications.

For more information, please consider the RHCA certification information page where you have a clear list of exams that count against either of the above.

Cheers,
Grega

A black cat crossing the street signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
[don't forget to kudo a helpful post or mark it as a solution!]
jthiatt
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

So, I'm an RHCE and I passed the EX288 so that will not count towards the RHCA?

I'm getting ready to take the EX425 exam, where does that fall?

My jobs is a blend of development and administration, I'd like to take courses that are relevant to my job but also get me closer to the RHCA.

Thanks,
Jason

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.