cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamsumesh
Cadet
Cadet

RHCSA 9 Exam Preparation

Is there any difference in objectives / topics in RHCSA 9 Exam. I prepared with materials for RHCSA 8.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
8 Replies
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

First: If you studied for the RHCSA for RHEL 8, then take that exam. I've been told that it will be available until spring 2023.

Second: These are the current RHCSA (EX200) exam objectives:

https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/ex200-red-hat-certified-system-administrator-rhcsa-exam?...

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College
AD4
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

I am new to Linux please help me preparing for RHCSA. I need some recommended courses or books and labs to try

Regards,

AD

Hi , 

Please guide me to RHCSA 9 exam pripration exam practice 

Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @AD4 @OmPrakash26 !

Thanks for reaching out !

For EX200 (RHCSA) exam - 

We recommend these courses to help you prepare to become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator.

For Windows system administrators or candidates with minimal experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux:

Running Containers with Red Hat Technical Overview (RH065)

Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)

For Linux or UNIX administrators:

RHCSA Rapid Track course with exam (RH200)

For candidates seeking an introductory course on container management:

Running Containers with Red Hat Technical Overview (RH065)

Please let us know in case you have any query or you can reach out to training@redhat.com for any help in training, certification or enrollment queries. 

Tags (4)

Hi All,

in RHCSA EX200 exam, which one correct command to set static ip address.

nmcli con modify "Wired connection 1" autoconnect yes ipv4.method static
 nmcli con modify "Wired connection 1" autoconnect yes ipv4.method manual

When we use nmcli command to add or modify any NIC configuration, I have observed that 

ipv4.method option accecpted "manual" as well "static" to configure static ip address. Are both option correct and same purpose. As per latest document for RHEL9, there is no option mention as "ipv4.method static" but still it is working. Its strange for me. Is there backward compatibilty.

One more thing , when you press "TAB" kep after "ipv4.method" , you not get option as "static" but still when you type it , it will accept.

0 Kudos
Sameer3
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

Both static and manual will work. You can use any of it, anyways all that matter is how you get end result.

Hope this answer clarify your doubt. 

Thanks for your quick response. But the secret still there, how static option work even not availbale with nmcli command nor mentioned in Red Hat official documentation for RHEL 9.

That would be gr8 if you can explain more about it. Is there backward compatibity or any soft link for binary file.

0 Kudos
Sameer3
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

Not sure why it is like that but even if we use static option system will automatically pick up manual in system.

I will suggest you to raise a ticket with Red Hat Developer team to clarify your doubt.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.