cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harpreet_s47
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

RHCSA EX200 grading of node2

I recently appeared in RHCSA EX200. I got 200 marks. I mailed the support team for clarification on my exam result and found out that they were not able to reboot my node2 machine for grading. 200 were only from my node1. I did everything right. There is only one file that I modify in node2 which is 'fstab' file. I checked and rebooted the system multiple times before ending the exam. So far, the system rebooted normally without any issues, and all mount points from 'fstab' entries were working fine. I don't get why node2 did not start while grading but working fine for me in the exam ? I shut down the node2 at the end of my exam, will that be the cause of this issue?

Labels (3)
17 Replies
Tess
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

> "I shut down the node2 at the end of my exam, will that be the cause of this issue?

If you mean to say that you sent node2 something like "sudo shutdown -h now", then I can imagine this might be a problem, yes. 

We can assume that Red Hat gives all VMs a firm restart via the virtualization layer, but of course we don't have a way of guaranteeing this. 

0 Kudos

Did you use 8 or 9?

0 Kudos
harpreet_s47
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I used 9

Did you have chance to choose the older version?

harpreet_s47
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

while scheduling for the exam, i have the choice to select 8 or 9.

harpreet_s47
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I did use volume path instead of UUID in 'fstab' enteries. Can it causes the sytstem not boot? Are these volume paths are static ?

0 Kudos
Tess
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Define "volume path". 

There are a number of paths you can use to identify a disk and/or partition and/or volume and the UUIDs are one of the ways which are 100% reliable. They will always work across reboots.

Tess
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

You're giving away too much information about the exam questions @harpreet_s47 , I only asked you to clarify what you meant by "volume path". So, you meant "/dev/sdb1" and things like that. 

No, those paths are not guaranteed to be static. They may in fact change across reboots or migrations, in some situations. Using a path by UUID is always a safe bet. 

harpreet_s47
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

my apologies for revealing the question. I think not using UUID was the issue. Thanks for you response. 

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.