Red Hat Learning Community Mastery Contest Series v2 (2023) Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility. The Red Hat Learning Community Mastery Contest Series 2023 (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Uruguay who are of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of legal residence at the time of entry (“Participant”). Employees and contractors of Red Hat, Inc. and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and other agents, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees and contractors are not eligible to enter. If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a Prize. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer's or company's policies and procedures.
Government officials, employees or representatives of government entities, candidates for public office, and employees of state-owned enterprises are not eligible to enter. Government entities include government agencies, departments, branches, instrumentalities, and public enterprises whether national, regional or local. Government entities can also include:
- Government-owned or controlled schools, hospitals, utilities and other organizations that provide public services;
- Public international organizations, such as the United Nations or World Health Organization; or
- Entities that procure under public procurement laws and regulations.
A state-owned enterprise is any other type of entity not mentioned above that is owned, controlled, organized, or sponsored by a government entity or government official.
- Entry. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Contest takes place between May 23, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and June 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (“Contest Term”).
Sponsor will post 5 questions (“Questions”) on the Contest landing page (“Website”). To enter, Participant must visit https://learn.redhat.com and provide an answer to a Question (“Entry”) during the Contest Term. Participant may submit multiple Entries; however they may only submit one Entry per Question. Participant may edit an Entry at any point during the Contest Term.
All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Only eligible Entries actually received by Sponsor during the Contest Period will be considered. Use of automated entries or programs or entries submitted by third parties is prohibited and such entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for any computer related, online, telephonic, or technical malfunctions that may occur whether or not within Sponsor’s control and such Entries are void. In the event of a dispute, an Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account listed on the Entry. Any questions regarding the number of Entries submitted, or the owner of an email account, shall be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. Normal Internet, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry not in compliance with these Official Rules.
- Selection of Winners. There will be one (1) Winner selected for each accurately answered Question. The Participant whose Entry contains the most accurate answer will be deemed the winner of that Question. A Participant may be selected as the Winner for more than one Question.
Sponsor will notify potential winners via email on or about July 7, 2023 (“Prize Notification). Potential winner must email Sponsor a response to the Prize Notification (“Response”) no later than two (2) weeks after the mailing date of the Prize Notification. Response must include the mailing address to which potential winner would like the Prize delivered. If a potential winner does not send their Response within two (2) weeks after the Prize Notification is sent, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize, and Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Noncompliance with the foregoing or failure to abide by these Official Rules may result in disqualification and naming of an alternate potential winner.
- Prizes and Odds. Each winner will receive one (1) Red Hat Learning Community branded cooler bag (“Prize”) with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $50 USD. The ARV of all Prizes awarded is less than or equal to $250 USD, depending on how many Questions are answered accurately. All Participants who accurately answer a Question but are not chosen as a Winner will receive an RHLC badge.
Prizes are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash value and may not be transferred or assigned, except by Sponsor. Each Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. Prize will be shipped to Winner via Fedex approximately one (1) week after Response is received by Sponsor.
Sponsor will not replace any Prize that is lost or stolen. Each Prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local laws or regulations. Expenses not specifically stated above, together with the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, duties, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply.
Any trademarks associated with the Prizes awarded under this Contest are registered or unregistered trademarks of their owners, who are not affiliated nor have endorsed this Contest. Prizes awarded under this Contest may be subject to restrictions and licenses from their manufacturers and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The Winner shall bear all responsibility for use of such Prize in compliance with the conditions imposed by the manufacturer, and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance.
- Condition of Participation. By entering the Contest, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor.
Prize Winner may be asked to participate in publicity. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use such Winner’s name, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights.
- Compromise of Contest. In the event the Contest is not capable of running as planned as the result of bugs, virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, technical failures, fraud, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award Prizes based on the Entries received before the termination date.
- Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, Participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and Participant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any Participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; or theft, destruction of, alteration or unauthorized access to Contest Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or announcement of the Winners.
- General Release. By entering the Contest, Participant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, any other Contest sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
- Governing Law. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. The Contest and Official Rules are governed and interpreted by the laws of Singapore without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Official Rules / List of Winners. For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List (available after July 18, 2023), send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 18, 2024.
12. Sponsor. Red Hat, Inc., located at 100 East Davie Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27601, is the sponsor of the Contest (“Sponsor”).