cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gk8s
Cadet
Cadet

Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280R)

Jump to solution

Hi

I enrolled on Feb 8th to self-paced online course DO280.  Since this course is based on OCP 4.2, if there is new content based on OCP 4.3 will become available during my 3 months access, will the course I am currently enrolled in will get updated without having to purchase again and enroll to a new one?   

Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
flozano

Those new features are additions to the platform and would warrant new courses to teach their features and use cases. They would not make the content of the administration courses obsolete, actually you would still need to know everything from them to ble able to use these new features.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
flozano

I don't know if customers get access to course updates released during the period they have access to a self-paced course. Maybe @Deanna can find an answer.

I can tell you to not worry much about missing content for OpenShift 4.3, 4.4 and so on. Commands, configurations, features, and workflows are expected to remain compatible with minor releases during a major release series (4.x). So the knowledge you get from a course targeting 4.2 will still be useful for a subsequent 4.3 release and so on.

0 Kudos
gk8s
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks @flozano   I asked this because I still expect that GA for OpenShift Serverless/Knative and OpenShift Pipelines/Tekton adds new administration concepts and tasks in OpenShift 4.4 release.    @Deanna  @flozano  what do you think?

flozano

Those new features are additions to the platform and would warrant new courses to teach their features and use cases. They would not make the content of the administration courses obsolete, actually you would still need to know everything from them to ble able to use these new features.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.