I'd like to start a thread related to Remote Exam supported hardware.
In the other discussion there are a lot of questions related to cameras, keyboard/mouse setup etc.
So let's start.
Disclaimer: This page is about recommendations by other candidates. There can be various factors which can impact and lead to a different results. As an example maybe a external webcam was not able to autofocus, and a candidate used the laptop internal webcam (which is not mandatory to have) instead. In that scenario, recommending the external webcam might be a bit flawed.
I had an opportunity to test the following hardware during my exam (status for Aug 31st, 2020):
1. Camera - Logitech C920 - works like a charm, sometimes I had issue with microphone but it was related to external noise.
2. Keyboard - Dell KB213p - no issues at all
3. Mouse - generic Dell mouse - no issues at all
I also tested Logitech MX Master 2S mouse - it worked well BUT it's a wireless mouse so it's not allowed on Remote Exams (I had to replace it with wired mouse).
4. Monitor - Dell 25" QHD monitor - no issues at all (exam workspace could be a little bit larger but I had no issues with terminal window/web browser)
What was not allowed:
1. Any type of network connected webcam
2. Smartphone with external software like DroidCamX etc.
Please add your equipment - It could be helpful for future candidates.
Should the webcam be Full HD 1080P or it can be HD 720P?
Is the below model suitable for the remote exam?
1) It can be HD720P, as you can see in the second post of this topic, some users tested this one properly: EIVOTOR Webcam 720P. I also used a logitech 720P properly.
2) I can't tell you- depends on drivers, quality, autofocus... If someone tested that model, feel free to share I'll add it to the list of devices that worked.