I'd like to start a thread related to Remote Exam supported hardware.
In the other discussion there are a lot of questions related to cameras, keyboard/mouse setup etc.
So let's start.
Disclaimer: This page is about recommendations by other candidates. There can be various factors which can impact and lead to a different results. As an example maybe a external webcam was not able to autofocus, and a candidate used the laptop internal webcam (which is not mandatory to have) instead. In that scenario, recommending the external webcam might be a bit flawed.
I had an opportunity to test the following hardware during my exam (status for Aug 31st, 2020):
1. Camera - Logitech C920 - works like a charm, sometimes I had issue with microphone but it was related to external noise.
2. Keyboard - Dell KB213p - no issues at all
3. Mouse - generic Dell mouse - no issues at all
I also tested Logitech MX Master 2S mouse - it worked well BUT it's a wireless mouse so it's not allowed on Remote Exams (I had to replace it with wired mouse).
4. Monitor - Dell 25" QHD monitor - no issues at all (exam workspace could be a little bit larger but I had no issues with terminal window/web browser)
What was not allowed:
1. Any type of network connected webcam
2. Smartphone with external software like DroidCamX etc.
Please add your equipment - It could be helpful for future candidates.
Sure it allowed. It just has to be USB wired and has to be the only keyboard connected. So the laptop has to have a closed lid.
BTW, I also use backlitted mechanical keyboard with blue keys.
A collaborative learning environment, enabling open source skill development.