Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TM
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Requirements to become a Red Hat training instructor

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am wondering what are the requirements to be a Red Hat training instructor ?

I will guess that surely one should be a current certificates holder on the courses taught.
Maybe also, to be allowed by Red Hat and employed by a recognized training center.
What else?

Regards,

Tshimanga

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Travis

@Chetan_Tiwary_ 

This is largely dependent on the regional delivery manager. I can answer from a North America perspective as I'm running the RHCI Train-the-Trainer and evaluation.

To start a partner (Training Partner or Red Hat) opens a position for an instructor.
We then hold a few interviews (technical and professional) to decide if we are moving forward If we choose to move forward with the candidate, they are enrolled in the RHCI Train-the-Trainer course where we will cover course delivery technology for both the VT and live ILT courses.

Upon completion of the training, an evaluation is performed to see if the candidate passes or fails. (The evaluation is hands-on and includes classroom setup and management as well as actually teaching/delivering sample content).
Certification Requirements

North America instructors must have a valid RHCSA and RHCE to be capable and considered to be a Red Hat Certified Instructor. Those certifications allow the instructor to deliver the introductory level RHCSA/RHCE courses (RH124/134/199/294). For any advanced courses the instructor must have taken the course and passed the exam in order to be considered capable of delivering the course

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

Requesting inputs from @Travis @ricardo_jun @rgdacosta @nandanbhat  on this query!

0 Kudos
nandanbhat
Flight Engineer
I imagine an evaluation is organised by the TQM. Not sure it is as formalised as a certification exam.

You probably need to connect with the TQM for your region.

Nandan
Travis

@Chetan_Tiwary_ 

This is largely dependent on the regional delivery manager. I can answer from a North America perspective as I'm running the RHCI Train-the-Trainer and evaluation.

To start a partner (Training Partner or Red Hat) opens a position for an instructor.
We then hold a few interviews (technical and professional) to decide if we are moving forward If we choose to move forward with the candidate, they are enrolled in the RHCI Train-the-Trainer course where we will cover course delivery technology for both the VT and live ILT courses.

Upon completion of the training, an evaluation is performed to see if the candidate passes or fails. (The evaluation is hands-on and includes classroom setup and management as well as actually teaching/delivering sample content).

North America instructors must have a valid RHCSA and RHCE to be capable and considered to be a Red Hat Certified Instructor. Those certifications allow the instructor to deliver the introductory level RHCSA/RHCE courses (RH124/134/199/294). For any advanced courses the instructor must have taken the course and passed the exam in order to be considered capable of delivering the course

Chetan_Tiwary_

Thank you @Travis @nandanbhat for your time and answering the query !

Really appreciate it !

0 Kudos
TM
Flight Engineer

Hello Travis,

I thank you for your clear answer.
I think it should differ a lot for places our of North America.

I am actually based in Kinshasa, D.R. Congo, and I had been approched by a Red Hat training partner based in Nairobi, Kenya.

I will resume discussion with them after a reach the RHCA level (2 more exams to write, and pass).

Regards,

Tshimanga

PS: I wanted to mark your response as an accepted solution, it I could not see the "Accept as Solution" button below your response. I have added a tag in place.
Can someone assist ?

Tags (1)
Chetan_Tiwary_

Done @TM !

0 Kudos
Travis

@TM -

Good luck with your upcoming exams. I would imagine the Red Hat Training Partner in Kenya will be able to submit you to the region for the RHCI certification process to begin. Most of it is largely the same across the regions. We put additional requirements in place in North America to help both Red Hat and the candidates.

The requirements for certification and the RHCI Train-the-Trainer are standardized globally, so that should help provide a framework of what to expect.

alexajo
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hello,

What if I want to become a certified instructor so that I can teach the RHCSA course to junior system administrators once or twice a year and then have them take the certification exam.

Is that even possible? I am an RHCE among other RH certifications and I am also a (retired) certified Army Small Group Instructor. I would enjoy teaching the RHCSA course to jr admins a couple of times a year at my company.

Thanks.

Joe.

Travis

@alexajo -

So typically new Red Hat instructors work for one of our training partners. If you are in North America, a training partner will submit a list of candidates (employees) to take the RHCI course. This is a "Train-the-Trainer" course which will certify an individual to become a Red Hat Certified Instructor ... additionally, there is another small piece for RHCX (Red Hat Certified Examiner) which requires a bit more training that allows the delivery of the exams.

Basic Requirements:

• Sponsored by a Training Partner
  • Already have a current RHCSA / RHCE
  • Take the RH309 RHCI Train-the-Trainer course

There are a few other things like an interview process as you will ultimately be a contractor/sub-contractor for Red Hat, so again for North America, you would have an interview with me at some point. I am also the PoC and trainer for certifying new Red Hat instructors for our training partners.

I'm tagging @Geoff who is the NA Delivery Manager and @Rmediratta 

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.