Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarksb
Cadet
Cadet

Running updates error

Jump to solution

I have been trying to update/upgrade via cli my rhel endpoint but I get the error:
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Docker CE Stable - x86_64 998 B/s | 381 B 00:00
Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'docker-ce-stable':
- Status code: 404 for https://download.docker.com/linux/rhel/8/x86_64/stable/repodata/repomd.xml (IP: 18.155.173.105)
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'docker-ce-stable': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried

Has anyone encounter similar issues?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wasim_Raja

@jarksb Thanks for reaching out.

I have faced similar errors as well recently and it seems like you are facing an error while updating your RHEL endpoint. Based on the error message you provided, it appears that the docker-ce-stable repository is not available at the specified URL. This could be due to a temporary outage or a change in the repository’s location.

Here are few steps you can try:

Check if the repository URL is correct and accessible from your network.

Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access the repository.

Try updating the repository metadata manually using the following command:
sudo yum clean all
sudo yum update --disablerepo=docker-ce-stable

This will clean the metadata cache and update the repository metadata, excluding the docker-ce-stable repository.
If the above steps do not work, you can try disabling the docker-ce-stable repository temporarily by editing the /etc/yum.repos.d/docker-ce.repo file and setting the enabled parameter to 0. Then, run the update command again.

Do let me know if it does or does not work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wasim_Raja

@jarksb Thanks for reaching out.

I have faced similar errors as well recently and it seems like you are facing an error while updating your RHEL endpoint. Based on the error message you provided, it appears that the docker-ce-stable repository is not available at the specified URL. This could be due to a temporary outage or a change in the repository’s location.

Here are few steps you can try:

Check if the repository URL is correct and accessible from your network.

Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access the repository.

Try updating the repository metadata manually using the following command:
sudo yum clean all
sudo yum update --disablerepo=docker-ce-stable

This will clean the metadata cache and update the repository metadata, excluding the docker-ce-stable repository.
If the above steps do not work, you can try disabling the docker-ce-stable repository temporarily by editing the /etc/yum.repos.d/docker-ce.repo file and setting the enabled parameter to 0. Then, run the update command again.

Do let me know if it does or does not work.

0 Kudos
Chetan_Tiwary_

@jarksb  Ok, so you are using RHEL 8.

The 404 error says that the repository is either moved from there or is not available ( outdated / non existent now ). 

Check here : https://download.docker.com/linux/rhel/   and select the correct repo  ( if you want to use the same URL , you need to remove rhel and use centos in that URL ) and then configure the repo using yum and proceed or if you dont want the repo/mirrors then do a yum update while disabling the 'culprit' repo.

Chetan_Tiwary__0-1703665780493.png

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.