Did you mean: 
txaz2012
Cadet
Cadet

Satellite 6 Administration RH403R

Jump to solution

Hi Jay
I have issue with the Labs on chapter 9 / 10

Missing installation medium "Operations/Library/DVDs/RHEL_7_1installation media"

How can I get this above medium in order to complete the labs? Please advise

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

@txaz2012,

Have you opened a support case?

https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/#/case/new

As you're working on a Red Hat Training class, be sure to set the product to "Red Hat Online Learning" so your case is routed to support engineers that specialize in the training environment.

That said, gut reaction, this is an issue with the content being offered through your satellite.  I'd verify that you've got the content (from a guided exercise in chapter 1) imported correctly.  If that checks out, maybe take a look at the organization/view setup to make sure that the organization you're installing the machine to has the ability to access this content.

Finally, who's Jay?

-STM

--
Manager, Technical Marketing
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer (100-000-264)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Scott
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

@txaz2012,

Have you opened a support case?

https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/#/case/new

As you're working on a Red Hat Training class, be sure to set the product to "Red Hat Online Learning" so your case is routed to support engineers that specialize in the training environment.

That said, gut reaction, this is an issue with the content being offered through your satellite.  I'd verify that you've got the content (from a guided exercise in chapter 1) imported correctly.  If that checks out, maybe take a look at the organization/view setup to make sure that the organization you're installing the machine to has the ability to access this content.

Finally, who's Jay?

-STM

--
Manager, Technical Marketing
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer (100-000-264)

I'm getting the same issue. I've verified that the content is available to the Org/Location. I've opened a case with RH Online Learning but all they're telling me is to delete the lab and start over. If I do that, that will be the 3rd time I will have had to go through all the exercises. That is not an acceptible solution. Sounds more like a cop-out. Not very impressed with this training platform. This is been a very poor first experience with it.

FYI...I went through and re-did Section 6.2 Guided Exercise: Creating Products with Repository Discovery.II had to slightly change the name of the repository from "RHEL 7.1" to "RHEL7.1" (without whitespace). After I synced the new repository, I went back to Hosts -> Installation Media and now BOTH of them show up. That's a far better solution than deleting the entire lab and reprovisioning/starting completely over.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.