cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hock
Cadet
Cadet

Still permitted to use 2020-08 rhex iso?

So like many, I can't get *any* of my computers to properly use rhexboot.iso. My laptop gets stuck on 100% (probably because it has dual APU/Nvidia graphics, which it seems the envirionment can't cope with). On my desktop, it won't repsond to any of my peripherals.

I saw some old posts recommending to use an older version of the test environment based on Fedora 32 instead of the newer Fedora 33 version. Is that still allowed?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hock
Cadet
Cadet

OK, while I am still curious to find the answer about the ISO, I have at least solved the immediate problem of being able to take the exam. Apparently the newer ISO did not like my USB 3 hub. After I got some extension cables and ran everything directly to the back of the computer, I was able to get through the system test successfully.

0 Kudos
Hock
Cadet
Cadet

And another note, being able to complete the system test doesn't necessarily mean it will work... leave it running at least a half hour or so after completing the checklist. Mine consistently kernel panicked after about 20 minutes. And of course we don't have any kind of admin access, so it makes it a bit difficult to check why...

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.