cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiny font in remote exam web terminal - hard to read

During the exam the font in the exam terminal (browser tab) was very tiny. It was very hard to read and I didn't find the way how to make it bigger. How could I do that, please?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
HeshD
Cadet
Cadet

What is the size of your monitor? if it is laptop screen what is the resolution you set.

Did you mentioned that to online proctor, was he/she helpfull ?

0 Kudos
kent05
Cadet
Cadet

I had the same problem when I sat for the exam today and I'm unable to resolved the problem till end of the exam.

0 Kudos
Andrey-Asoskov
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi, 

For terminal: Go to the menu -> View -> Zoom In

For browser: Menu -> Zoom In

0 Kudos
kent05
Cadet
Cadet

I can 'zoom in' in the beowser to read exam questions. I have zoom in the browser's view unitl 300% but the fonts of the virutal consolde inside the browser still looked very small & blurry.

Ieven connected to my extenal monitor with lid closed but still the same. I'm not is it my notebook's issue or Redhat's.

I clicked VM1/VM2 in the control tool & clied Start VM, is it the coorect way?

0 Kudos
Andrey-Asoskov
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

What about connecting via SSH to VMs?

0 Kudos
kent05
Cadet
Cadet

You mean ssh from terminal to the virtual console? Can it be done? I didn't try it because I didn't know what to do 

0 Kudos
Marek_Czernek
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi there,

You can press ctrl and + (at the same time) to increase the font. Tested it this morning, it works ;).  Alternatively, you can increase it in the terminal settings as others have suggested.

This should work for a browser too. Alternatively, press ctrl and wheel up to increase the font in a browser.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
kent05
Cadet
Cadet

@Marek_Czernek  You mean can increase the font in the virtual console open with browser by pressing ctrl and + or press ctrl and wheel up?

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.