cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 21.6K Views

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community 25K member contest!

The Red Hat Learning Community has reached 25,000 members - To celebrate this milestone we are kicking off a 25K Member Contest

How to enter: Each action completed below is equivalent to one (1) contest entry. The more actions completed, the more chances you have to win.   

1. Register for the Red Hat Learning Community (if not yet a member)
  2. Kudo (aka “like”) this 25K member contest post
  3. Reply to this post with a brief description of why you love open source or your open source learning journey!
  4. Complete your community biography here.

3 winners will be randomly selected to win one (1) $50 Visa Gift Card and receive an RHLC member feature for 30 days! Read the contest rules, terms and conditions here.

Thank you again to the entire Red Hat Learning Community for fostering open source skill adoption and the growth of this community. 

Good luck!

This contest will close on February 28, 2020.

--
Deanna
139 Replies
Robinson
Cadet
Cadet

Hello, my name is Eddie Robinson and I am currently in the process of obtaining my AAS in Programming/Software Development and Network Administration. I've dabbled with trying to familiarize myself with the Command Line with a bootable version of Fedora, so I'm really excited to finally take a proper class!

Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

I was going to ask if you were the legendary Eddie Robinson of Grambling University, but then I remembered.  

The Command Line is a great place to hangout.  You can accomplish a
great many there, that can't be done via the GUI.  

Happy 2021!

Trevor "Red Hat Evangelist" Chandler
0 Kudos

Wow, I am new and I can't wait to learn so much new content!!

Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

It's like being in an ocean - all the water you can want, and then some!
Limitless opportunities to learn and contribute.

Happy 2021!

0 Kudos

I love open source software because you get the greatest minds collaborating to get the best ideas solving the most difficult problems. It also allows for different mind sets and ways of thinking to come up with different solultions or ideas.

Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

I've got a feeling you're one of those great minds!

Happy 2021!

0 Kudos

Hello everyone glad to be here and gain the knowledge and learning experience from the Red Hat community! What I find intersting about open source is the ability to build and improve a code or program to have either an affect or innovation in the techonological world.

Audrey
Cadet
Cadet

Hello, my name is Audrey Deal! Im currently new to open source. Based on everyones comments on open source, it seems like a great thing to be apart of. I look foward to using it as a tool to help and guide me through my semester.

Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Audrey, open source is definitely a path you want to be on.

You may be new open source today, but I expect you'll be one of the great contributors to the community in the near future.

Happy 2021!

0 Kudos

Open source is great as it allows for independent modification of source code and collaborations among the community. This means that improvements and changes can be made for each individual user or group, suiting their specific needs. 

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.