cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 21.6K Views

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community 25K member contest!

The Red Hat Learning Community has reached 25,000 members - To celebrate this milestone we are kicking off a 25K Member Contest

How to enter: Each action completed below is equivalent to one (1) contest entry. The more actions completed, the more chances you have to win.   

1. Register for the Red Hat Learning Community (if not yet a member)
  2. Kudo (aka “like”) this 25K member contest post
  3. Reply to this post with a brief description of why you love open source or your open source learning journey!
  4. Complete your community biography here.

3 winners will be randomly selected to win one (1) $50 Visa Gift Card and receive an RHLC member feature for 30 days! Read the contest rules, terms and conditions here.

Thank you again to the entire Red Hat Learning Community for fostering open source skill adoption and the growth of this community. 

Good luck!

This contest will close on February 28, 2020.

--
Deanna
139 Replies
Bowe
Community Manager
Community Manager

Coming from a background in physics, I have a love of detail and mathemical modelling... I love open source because it allows people to share their creativity, be it musings or mature product, in an exacting, usable, and inspiring way.  Open Source lowers the barriers to entry into someone else's creations.

As a result, we have been able to develop what I like to think of as "cathedrals of our age", creations that many artisans have devoted lifetimes of work to produce, such as the linux kernel.

davidq
Cadet
Cadet

Open Source is collaboration. It's amazing to see projects that are running literally the whole world being developed in the open, being able to always jump in and leave a mark.

It's empowering. You know that you really own what you use.

Now, take it and make something with it. Make it better. Create something propietary, doesn't matter. But use Open Source, the community will always be there for you <3

Achyut
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Open source enables the best minds to collaborate and work together to achieve a certain goal and doesn't stop there itself.  That is what I love about Open Source. Not only are their new ideas, innovation, but there are communities that build up and grow together which just takes it to another level. 

prima
Community Manager
Community Manager

Opensource invites innovation. Makes you grow by sharing your work and driving others to adapt and grow at the same time. It invites collaboration to build something solid!

Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Open source is great because it allows those with less means access to the technologies which can be studied and used to improve their lives.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College
0 Kudos
Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

I love Open Source because it allows a global contribution from a pool of brilliant minds, to contribute to software for the Linux world, where they may not be able to do so otherwise. 

Trevor "Red Hat Evangelist" Chandler
0 Kudos
sapaul
Flight Engineer

I love the freedom that OpenSource grants. It truly levels up the geekines.

Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

This contest is now closed - A big thank you to all who helped us celebrate the Red Hat Learning Community 25K member contest! It is really inspiring to see how we all connect on our passion for open source. Winners will be revealed on Wednesday, March 4.

Thanks,

Deanna 

--
Deanna
vishy
Cadet
Cadet

1. Looking to learn something new
hamidziyo
Flight Engineer

I love opensource because it shares the knowledge with everyone, not only making money

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.